Recon Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bruce...look forward to seeing your new look. I was looking at the Recon taillights and my question is...how is the side lighting/visibility? Do they put out a decent amount of position light when just on...ie not braking? Maybe a pic of that if you get a chance. Thanks!

I think the stock taillights are a weak effort.

hlywd1ford

Reaction score
3rd break light & hill decent default code

Has anyone installed the Recon 3rd break light and it caused the hill decent to show fault and the traction control symbol to show up on the dash board.

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not on mine. It was a PITA to get the wiring correct but it's been working fine. No errors.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Has anyone installed the Recon 3rd break light and it caused the hill decent to show fault and the traction control symbol to show up on the dash board.

many have had issues like you're describing from water getting in the stock third brake light so it's possible if the Recon is wired incorrectly, got wet, or there's a loose connection that it could cause those problems.

hlywd1ford

Reaction score
Thanks alot Birdman - much appreciated. I thought i saw a post of the correct wiring for the third break light. I am currently getting those default codes because the genius that wired it cut the white wire that is a plug in (i belive for the cargo light) and left it unhooked. Im pretty sure this is the problem. At least i hope so..

hlywd1ford

Reaction score
found it - Lucky14 post. Still learning to navigate through the site. Lucky do you know what the center plug is for? It looks like there is a small circuit board in the stock light? Its hard to tell because i smoked my original before opting for the Recons.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey hlywd, I concur with My Feathered Friend. I personally had that 3rd brakelight leaking = hill descent control fault light on the dashboard. Have your dealer investigate, it's a well documented problem in the 2010s. In your case I'm willing to bet the situation has nothing to do with your aftermarket light.