Recommended dealers for warranty / service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoCalDawg

Reaction score
Ford ford Upland - Upland CA: Great sales department. Tim was awesome, no BS, no hassles, and no issues with any of the staff. They have a great process that makes you feel taken care of.

Vista Ford - L.A. CA- Typical sales department, however neither positive nor a negative experience with them. Don't being them trade-ins. The guy that values the used cars is off on values by 10-15% compared to others in socal.

Theodor Robins ford - Costa Mesa: Great service department, fast efficient and friendly. Hank in the body shop is awesome! Sales had no followup but I cann't hold that against them.

Tuttle Click ford - Irvine CA: Great service department, never worked with the sales program. Feels like they are always under construction.

Ken Grody Ford - Buena Park CA: Stay away, a bunch of overpriced idiots who don't know how to execute a proper sale. Sales manager James tried to tell me that "Henry ford" lives in socal... he happened to pick the place where my parents live and I lived there for 18 years.... never met the guy nor does does any ford name show up in the association list. They also tried telling me that there was no future raptor being built ever, the day before the Detroit auto snow. He said he spoke to the ford SVP directly about it the day before. Glad I walk away from them.

PS ford rep if you want to know more about your dealers in the area PM me.
Any recommendations for closer to LA/Santa Monica. I don’t mind driving through the canyons for good service.. Woodland Hills/etc.

TriGui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in Columbia SC. Went to Jim Hudson ford in Lexington for warranty work on my brand new truck (600 miles). Was simple and they warrantied it extremely quick no questions asked. will be back for sure.

Chazzersgarage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had problems with Phil long in Denver when had an F350 that I bought from them. I don't know about raptors. I rotate about 2 weeks in Denver and then in Spearfish, SD. I've had great experiences with Scott Peterson Ford in Belle Fourche, SD. Both sales and service on Raptors. I bought and had ] my service done for 2014 and 2018 raptors.

I've also had a good sales experience with Columbine ford in Rifle, CO. I bought my 23 37PP from them.

I've had good quick lane results with Barbee's Freeway Ford in Denver. No warranty experience with them.

Guyzer

Reaction score
I searched Yelp and found out that South Bay Ford in the city of Hawthorne, Southern California, had high customer satisfaction reviews. They said I did not need an appointment, first come first serve, and got help as soon as I drove in Monday morning at 10:30. The service advisor, Deanna, was super cool and a total car enthusiast. She wrote up a work order for cam phasers and driver seat heating element that went bad. I asked her if Ford could replace the seat cusion at the same time since the bolster was squished flat and she said she could probably have that covered under my extended warranty. Also going to have them change the spark plugs while the engine is apart which she said I would just have to pay for the plugs. They have an inhouse Enterprise car rental representative and Deanna wrote up an order for a rental car for 10 days covered by my extended service plan. I am sure glad I bought that extended service plan.
I live closer to Autonation Ford in the city of Torrance but did not get a good feeling about them which was the reason for this post. My gut feeling was confirmed by poor reviews on Yelp.

holytravis

Reaction score
DO NOT BUY FROM PHIL LONG FORD IN COLORADO. Screwed me over with the delivery of my R and have been a nightmare to deal with. Multiple lawsuits against them and their GM as well from a quick google search.

peh327

Reaction score
SoCal area - Galpin Ford has been great. Service rep - Harlan Katz , really cares about your issues. I had a cam phaser problem (Gen 2) he didn’t pull my leg with the whole “well maybe, but we have to diagnose the problem” I stated cam phasers might be bad and he immediately said “truck is burning oil? Ticking in Baja mode? Yep cam phaser, gonna take some time but let’s get you in.” I also have a Gen 3 that doesn’t always start up (battery or starter issue) he told me to pull up, did a battery swap no questions, also covered under warranty. Guys are on point out there

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had great luck with Zeims ford in Farmington NM. They work on the oil field trucks so lots of experience. They changed the entire main wire harness on my 13 Rap. Don’t have names.

NetoBR

Reaction score
Anyone have a dealer for maintenance in Austin area?
I would like to know the same…Dealership/Service rep info in Austin area.
Just got my Raptor and took it to Leif Johnson to try and update it, as well as a TSB for rear window.

Leif Johnson Ford - Austin TX
Brandon is the service guy that knows me by name bc of the issues on my previous F150. Good guy but the techs are nothing special. Take too long and "scheduling" doesn't mean you'll get service at that day and time. There's a rental company inside the same dealership that can rent the same kind of car while yours is in warranty service, if needed.

I might be getting things wrong, but on Volvo of Austin when I schedule for something it means the car will be serviced at that exact time and you can even wait for it. XC40 I bought probably was imported from Germany as the maps were locked to it, as well as gps. Guys fixed in 15 min while I waited. THAT's service!

Maxwell Ford - Austin TX
Tried going there but even if the place looks nice, they are waaaay to slow. 2 days just to check my car and tell me there were no updates available.

None of them would try to actually fix the problem but I prefer Leif Johnson over Maxwell