Transmission Service SoCal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acerikk

Reaction score
Hi all...

Original owner of an early 2010. Around 175K miles. Suspecting transmission blues based on a grinding / rattling noise that happens usually between 35 and 45mph over the last year or so. Happens in 2wd and 4wd...so it's likely not related to IWE. No codes. Dealer where I've had 90% of the truck's service done is completely stumped. Over the last week I tried an experiment - when the noise occurred, I pressed the Tow/Haul button. Noise gone. Then during regular driving when no noise is present, hit the Tow/Haul button. Noise doesn't occur. Turn Tow/Haul off...noise returns typically between 35 and 45mph. Also happens sometimes when accelerating out of a turn going uphill. Never occurs when coasting....a load must be present.

Probably transmission...or some other system affected by Tow/Haul mode. Recently rebuilt shocks. (Can highly recommend a shop for that in the area.) Recently replaced right front axle. Recently replaced sway bar end links. Noise present before and after all this work.

So now I'm looking for a reliable shop to investigate / service the transmission. Skeptical about the dealer for this one. In Los Angeles area, but happy to drive within reason once my schedule opens up next month. Recommendations? Thanks in advance.....