Recommended Colorado Dealers for Ordering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

repsher

Reaction score
I'm looking into ordering a 2024 Raptor when the order banks open up later this year. Anyone have recommendations for Colorado dealers you've had good experiences with? Ideally I'd get it at or near MSRP without any B.S. I searched to forums but couldn't find many recent posts. I'm in the Front Range area but definitely willing to travel for a good experience.
Assuming the '24 is like the '23 I'd like it stock with no options (I like the stock wheels and really don't want a moonroof, it seems every '23 I've seen has the moonroof. Not sure if they prioritize these or that's just b/c it's tied to the tailgate option).
Appreciate any help!

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My experience with dealers is that they're only as good as they have to be. When times are good, they're a-holes. When times are hard, they're hungry and they'll deal. They will still try the usual a-hole tricks, but will fold the second they get back pressure. I've had the best luck shopping out of town, over the phone. Those dealers know they have one chance at a deal while the local guys figure they have you by the short and curlies. For an amusing example, someone here on the forum from Albuquerque had a great buying experience at my local Phil Long. Me? They were game-playing a-holes.

Get your deal in writing. Dealers have been known to change their minds about MSRP when they see trucks bringing big ADM. And make sure your dealer has an allocation. Many are happy to take orders without in the hopes that it might fill and they get a sale. These days, those hopes are slim and none and guys have waited more than a year to get stuffed. The order should be in your name, not a dealer stock order. Look around at some of the threads here to get a feel for how they operate. Good luck.

willywilson

Reaction score
Dealers love to side step or flat out lie about their allocations to just get the sale. How many allocations does the average dealer get per year?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Dealers love to side step or flat out lie about their allocations to just get the sale. How many allocations does the average dealer get per year?
How are they gonna get the sale if they lie about an allocation?

When we got the last '22 the owner told me that some dealers would get zero '23's, some would get several. The average would be about 1 per dealer. That was straight from the Ford CEO at a meeting.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i can tell you who NOT to go to. phil long ford. avoid them like the plague. especially their service dept. dont let them ever touch your vehicle

OP
OP
R

repsher

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies and info. After some more research and calling some dealers I'm leaning towards getting a Tremor with a V8. The Raptor has a few too many hoops to jump through to make it worth it for me.

recohn

Reaction score
I'm told that the 2024 Raptor will be near impossible to break the encrypted coding to do any engine tuning, the whistleblower works and resides in Dearborn Michigan. But hopefully he / she will not be indicted for accepting a bribe or inciting a riot / disturbance.