Recent CarPlay issues with Volume

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usurper

Reaction score
Driving me nuts too. Not just Spotify but also Apple Music. Basically anything that was sending audio. I had better luck unplugging the iPhone, going to the radio, selecting a station and hearing music, rocking the volume up/down a bit, then replugging in the phone. Power cycling the phone has done nothing to change this behavior for me.

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had problem and couldn't get volume to work until I actually restarted the app likely causing the problem (Waze). Reboot didn't work, connecting and disconnecting didn't work. Starting Waze app worked. Now hopefully it continues to work. I was getting pretty fouled up.

two24studios

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this same issue the other day. I just changed sources to Radio and adjusted the volume, then went back to Spotify.

Scott Holcomb

Reaction score
Also as another way to fix it is a soft reboot of the Sync system.

I had it Friday, rebooted phone fixed it.

Today it happened again (was changing the prompt volume), I held down the next track button on the dash as well as the power button for the radio for like 3 seconds. It reboots the Sync and when it came back I had audio control back.

Just an FYI.

dmb359

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got this repsonse from Waze:

I'm happy to tell you that the issue you have reported has already been fixed and should be running smoothly in our next version release. Please be sure to download the next version once it is available in the app store.