Recall and $795 credit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my service manager. He called to ask me to bring in the Raptor for a recall and in addition Ford was paying me a $795 credit. The credit I assume is for the blue cruse prep package. My concern is if this recall is associated with it and if so, do they try to remove the parts of the prep kit? I am pretty sure I don't want that to happen. Would kill any chance of figuring out how to enable BC later on. What little I can find on the web as to what is in the prep kit. It lists the radar, additional cameras and the ability to recognize speed limit signs. As is, I don't want to lose how well the current lane keeping system works on my truck.

Does anyone know what is involved with this recall?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my service manager. He called to ask me to bring in the Raptor for a recall and in addition Ford was paying me a $795 credit. The credit I assume is for the blue cruse prep package. My concern is if this recall is associated with it and if so, do they try to remove the parts of the prep kit? I am pretty sure I don't want that to happen. Would kill any chance of figuring out how to enable BC later on. What little I can find on the web as to what is in the prep kit. It lists the radar, additional cameras and the ability to recognize speed limit signs. As is, I don't want to lose how well the current lane keeping system works on my truck.

Does anyone know what is involved with this recall?
There are several recalls for our truck. Which one are you referring to specifically? As for how involved the recall will be, it should only entail those necessary actions to fix/repair said recall as outlined in your recall notice.…nothing more.

Edit to ask: So you are expecting to receive a check from Ford, via your dealer, when you go in? Is this correct?

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s a few recalls out there, you can search your VIN and see. That CSP for $795 is not a recall, and they don’t take out anything. Even 22s have those interior sensors. Ford never released the software for Raptors, and doubt it will ever see the light of day at least on 21 and 22s (or they wouldn’t go through the trouble of refunding everyone).

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are not removing the equipment. I received my rebate months ago and the only recall I have is for the trailer module that I just scheduled (Besides the driveshaft that was addressed upon delivery.)
Besides, you will need the subscription for the system to work. Not sure you will be able to activate with Forscan and circumvent that easy if ford was going to make it a pay to play system.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are not removing the equipment. I received my rebate months ago and the only recall I have is for the trailer module that I just scheduled (Besides the driveshaft that was addressed upon delivery.)
Besides, you will need the subscription for the system to work. Not sure you will be able to activate with Forscan and circumvent that easy if ford was going to make it a pay to play system.
How did you receive your rebate? I just received a letter today about the rebate. It is asking me to sign a doc and return the doc with my original sale's agreement. I wish there was an online process.

OP
OP
Keshka

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As to how I might be paid...not sure. The conversation from my service manager went something like this: "I just got a recall notice on your truck and technically. We can't even sell you the truck until this recall is done. OBTW, you have a $795 credit coming, take to our team leader for that".

I will know more after tomorrow morning.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you receive your rebate? I just received a letter today about the rebate. It is asking me to sign a doc and return the doc with my original sale's agreement. I wish there was an online process.
its good to hear letters are going out. Anxiously waiting to get the money. and an online process would be nice for sure.

OP
OP
Keshka

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its good to hear letters are going out. Anxiously waiting to get the money. and an online process would be nice for sure.
Just to be clear Ramsey, no letter for me so far. I received a personal call from my service manager. I am lucky to have a dealership like this....all local folks and they really go out of their way to take care of their customers.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup. just saw that raptor911 got the letter. was quoting him. hope you get the money when go in for the recall and dont have to wait.