rear speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will try that this weekend faded to the front and see if I like it .
I don’t think that’s going to be a very good representation. With the processor will change how the front sounds quite a bit. When tuned properly as Noah said you will have a stage where you can hear positioning of everyone. Live music tracks are pretty incredible in HD. I will also say for me, I have a button on my amp that may or may not have been hit accidentally and turned off my rears. Not that it sounded bad but it was not as full. I was going to go without rears but glad Noah talked me out of it. For me the rears are almost like surround sound. It just gives a more engulfed sound if that makes sense. I would see if you have a shop that can demo it for you.

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have everything running , just thinking of adding a dsp and going active front . And forgoing the rears

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think that’s going to be a very good representation. With the processor will change how the front sounds quite a bit. When tuned properly as Noah said you will have a stage where you can hear positioning of everyone. Live music tracks are pretty incredible in HD. I will also say for me, I have a button on my amp that may or may not have been hit accidentally and turned off my rears. Not that it sounded bad but it was not as full. I was going to go without rears but glad Noah talked me out of it. For me the rears are almost like surround sound. It just gives a more engulfed sound if that makes sense. I would see if you have a shop that can demo it for you.
I hear ya , I was originally going to go with a 6 channel and a mono block for the subs . The funny think is I’m happy with the way it sounds now , but I like to tinker with stuff , or better yet I just can’t leave well enough alone

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the bit one installed , previously I set my amp gains on my amp with a oscope ,I noticed the bit one has gains what do I do with those .do I need to set those on the bit one, then redo the amps gains .seems redundant .

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
those are input gains. setting gains are important, but you dont need an o scope. its a controversal subject regarding an o scope. im on the side where i dont think you need one. some live and die by the o scope. think its the end all, be all. listening to the system and setting gains by hearing distortion and backing off for both the input and output sides works well for me. its a combination of adjusting gains on the amp and processor to get the most output with minimal distortion is your goal

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so in your pro opinion ,is it better to give up the rear speakers ,and run dedicated tweeters channels ,I have and audison 5.1 k amp ,it has a class a ,75 watt tweeter channel .channel 1 and 2 could be tweeters crossed at 5000 ,channel 3 plus 4 mid bass ,channel 5 sub ,and losE the Passive crossovers .I pan on adding a dsp soon

Just for reference, I have the audison 8 channel amp. 2 tweeters, 2 front, 2 rear, and the remaining 2 for sub. Not sure what the cost difference is, but it would take away the decision between passive crossovers or rear speakers.

Another consideration is whether you have enough power for sub at 270W. I'm finding my sub running off the 2 channels on the amp to be ok, but I do have a sub out so I can add a mono amp in the future if I wish to. Your 5 channel Audison amp doesn't have a sub out, so you will have to replace to upgrade.

I'm no audio expert though, so the others can give better advice than me.

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for reference, I have the audison 8 channel amp. 2 tweeters, 2 front, 2 rear, and the remaining 2 for sub. Not sure what the cost difference is, but it would take away the decision between passive crossovers or rear speakers.

Another consideration is whether you have enough power for sub at 270W. I'm finding my sub running off the 2 channels on the amp to be ok, but I do have a sub out so I can add a mono amp in the future if I wish to. Your 5 channel Audison amp doesn't have a sub out, so you will have to replace to upgrade.

I'm no audio expert though, so the others can give better advice than me.
The audison 5.1 ,has 1000 watts for sub ,500 for the fronts ,250 each side , and 75 watts to each rear speaker. I may just rewire it and run the 75 watts to each tweeter ,250 to each mid , That will use up 4 channels, then the fifth channel is 1000 for the sub.