rear speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if I disconnect my rear speakers ,what will it affect ,back up chimes , alarms Ect

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so in your pro opinion ,is it better to give up the rear speakers ,and run dedicated tweeters channels ,I have and audison 5.1 k amp ,it has a class a ,75 watt tweeter channel .channel 1 and 2 could be tweeters crossed at 5000 ,channel 3 plus 4 mid bass ,channel 5 sub ,and losE the Passive crossovers .I pan on adding a dsp soon

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think @Hush Car Audio was only answering your question about the back up chimes and alarms.

Your second question(s) is very hard to read. Do you have the base radio or B&O? You can run dedicated tweeter channels and leave the stock rear speakers non-amplified if you want; assuming you are going to upgrade to aftermarket components. Hush has plug and play harnesses and great deals so I am sure he can help you out with your set up

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have scraped the whole b and o , I have new front components , 5 channel amp , Mti Sub enclosure .

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you run an active front stage you will have much better sq once you add the sound processor. every car i have judged at sq competitions dont use rear speakers. the main goal is to get the best sound possible and have a sound stage across your windshield.with an active front stage (after you add the sound processor) you can adjust each speaker individually. gain, eq, time delay, etc. running a passive front stage, you have to adjust the tweeter and woofer together as a pair. nowhere near the sq you can get tunning active.

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I tend to agree with Noah for the competition scene but at the same time I know most of my customers like having audio coming out of the rear too. Just adjust the fader and move it all to the front to see if you like that type of audio. I like audio all around me so I'm not the competition type I guess.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I tend to agree with Noah for the competition scene but at the same time I know most of my customers like having audio coming out of the rear too. Just adjust the fader and move it all to the front to see if you like that type of audio. I like audio all around me so I'm not the competition type I guess.

That is how I have always done it. Set the front stage, and have some rear fill. The rear fill is not really audible to the front seats, but when I do have people in the back...they appreciate the fill to mix in with the sub woofers

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will try that this weekend faded to the front and see if I like it . The one thing I’m confused about the Zen will send the signal to the DSp then off to the amp , I will be setting the crossovers at the DSP ,what do you do with the crossovers at the amplifier?