Rear Shocks Stolen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antlers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could've been worse for sure. I'm gonna look on the bright side. They had 70k miles on them and were probably about due for a rebuild anyway.

raptrcrzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I park my DD and my truck in my garage with the door closed whenever Im not in the garage :shrug:

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a very noise 110 lb boxer mastif that 100% spot on when some come in the yard he lights up. If he is in the house and he barks I let him out. The yard has inviable fence so he has run of the place.

BAD454SS

Banned
Reaction score
Give SDHQ a call in Gilbert they may have some take offs for cheap. As a temp solution get some bilstein 5000 around $75 a piece. I used a set on mine temporary while mine were being rebuilt. Actually rode pretty decent. I think i'm going to red loctite my ICONS. Pretty sure they can steal them with out jacking up truck or removing the tires

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In Flag???? Crime doesn't happen in Flag.

******* hippie shit gonna try to put them on his Subaru.

Antlers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a good idea. I think you're right about not having to jack it up or remove the wheels. I assumed they'd need to droop, but I think they're compressible by hand. I think I'm gonna get a set of shock security washers. Seems like a good product and a good group of guys.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong but the shock security.com offering doesn't look like its compatible with our factory bolts because the bolt heads have a flange (or wider base than the nut itself like a permanently attached large washer)

Need new bolts to make them work, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyone using them?

Antlers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They did say the bolts need replaced. They specified 1/2" grade 8 bolts with 3/4" heads. Will see if I can source some suitable replacements and will post back.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Looks like these are what we need.

Bolts:

McMaster-Carr

Nuts:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#92497a500/=y9sql6

Last edited:
OP
OP
MTUH3

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I actually put a tack weld on my lower bolts / nuts.

You don't need to remove the wheels to grabe the shocks, actually don't even need to jack up the truck. You can remove them in less than 5 minutes.

I put Fx4 shocks on mine while my Foxes were getting rebuilt. Didn't have to jack the truck up at all to take them off, or even take off my 3.0s.