Rear ICONS & mounts...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spartanraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are rear shock mount reinforcements a must when i install my ICON 3.0's? I maybe only offroad my truck 10-15 times a year. But when i do, i beat it real nice:busaballs:

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm running the Icons and don't have the rear shock braces/reinforcements. I've been through the Texas Raptor Run and the Southwest Colorado Raptor Run. No braces and still holding strong. However, I've seen a few others guys have their upper shock mounts rip off. The cost of the braces is pretty small and provides some added insurance if you really are going to run the truck hard.

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are rear shock mount reinforcements a must when i install my ICON 3.0's? I maybe only offroad my truck 10-15 times a year. But when i do, i beat it real nice

Here is a post from Dylan our engineer, someone who has personally beat our Raptor to death with no broken upper mounts. The few we have seen with the exception of Squatting Dog (he would have broken them anyway...we love you man) are due to being ground way to much. This will clear it up.

The shock mounts don't always need to be clearanced and when they do it is a clearance as needed situation. "As needed" is a little vague and I've seen some very generous clearancing so I have made a template. Where they tend to break is actually quite a bit above where the clearancing is. It's a problem when the radius under the tabs are compromised but that area doesn't need to be touched. They are not all that strong anyway.

attachment.php

The LGE / CTS Motorsports mounts are as mentioned a cheap investment that is good for anyone no matter what if you plan on "beating" your truck. It's not if you will have an oops, it's when, and we all know a little protection never hurts!

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues with my rear shock mounts. And my install guy was a little aggressive with the grinder.

Baja, Texana, Colorado, etc. Still passing Fox 3.0 trucks without a problem. Ha.

That said, because my guy was "grinder happy", I may eventually add the reinforcements. But new front glass and a rear bumper would be more fun...

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No shit! Never seen them break at that spot before, usually they rip clean off.
Just wondering if they rip clean off due to the internal bump stop in the shock, still better than bottoming completely out and bending your frame, like what happens with the stock Fox.