"Rear Camera not available" and backup sensors went off...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Another week, another issue (Yes my Raptor is a bit tricky these days...), today I've had two issues at the same time when putting the truck in Reverse :

- Rear Camera does not activate, instead of the image I have a message saying "Rear Camera not available, contact your dealership bla bla bla"

- Backup sensors are disabled (the dashboard display shows the sensors menu with "enabled" or "disabled" but actually i can't enable it...)

It happened suddenly, everything was working falwlessly 5mins earlier so I'm confused...

Any input ? Few things I noticed after inscpecting the truck : one of licence plate light is dead, and the OEM reverse lights seem to be dead (didn't notice before because i have aftermarket led bars on the rear wired to Reverse)

OP
OP
Fb73

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Edit : It was a blown fuse (fuse #34 on passenger side under glove box)...Replaced it and it was working so I thought it was OK, but the fuse is blown again...What could be causing that ? Sensor et camera were working well before the fuse went off...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fb73

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little update...After blowing the fuse a second time, now it seems to be working well...

It happened during two days of heavy rain, maybe some water infiltrated somewhere...Nobody ever had that issue ?

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Maybe check and make sure your 3rd brake light is sealed up and not causing water intrusion? Don't think I've read the 3rd brake light leaking cause this, but that'd be my connection with heavy rain.

OP
OP
Fb73

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fixed my third brake light a few months ago after having the Hill Control and Advance trac issue, so it's now sealed...

The day I blew the fuses, I was driving with the bed open under hard rain (my Bakflip cover was open because I was hauling my dirtbike), maybe some water has infiltrated in the tailgate and near the camera, causing the short circuit (?)

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I fixed my third brake light a few months ago after having the Hill Control and Advance trac issue, so it's now sealed...

The day I blew the fuses, I was driving with the bed open under hard rain (my Bakflip cover was open because I was hauling my dirtbike), maybe some water has infiltrated in the tailgate and near the camera, causing the short circuit (?)

Maybe check the loomed harness that goes from the tailgate into the bed, maybe something knocked it and it has chaffed through...

OP
OP
Fb73

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe check the loomed harness that goes from the tailgate into the bed, maybe something knocked it and it has chaffed through...

Yea I checked that harness already, it's OK. I would check the rear camera to see if it's wet down there but don't know how to gain access to the camera. Remove the tailgate bed panel or just pry the emblem off and chrome base ?

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Yea I checked that harness already, it's OK. I would check the rear camera to see if it's wet down there but don't know how to gain access to the camera. Remove the tailgate bed panel or just pry the emblem off and chrome base ?

From what I've ready, you pry off the unit, but most of the time the clips break. So have a replacement on stand-by or time to get a painted one if you don't like the chrome.

OP
OP
Fb73

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I've ready, you pry off the unit, but most of the time the clips break. So have a replacement on stand-by or time to get a painted one if you don't like the chrome.

That's why I read on FRF, I will try to remove the tailgate panel to check what's behind before breaking the emblem...That's a PITA to find Raptor parts here in France...

Thanks for the tips Jimbo !

Here is a french kiss for you haha ! :kiss1: