reverse sensors not working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just curious if anyone has run into a problem with their reverse senors randomly not working?

when I put the truck into reverse the backup camera works just fine, however on the dash the rear senor control doesn't show "on" or "off" checked.. both are blank and the senors don't beep.

might be the sensors in the bumper are no good now.. who knows.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I removed mine when I replaced the rear bumper, just unplugged them and it does the same; neither check boxes ticked and camera works. So sounds like yours is wiring/connector/sensor, although I'm not sure if one sensor fails they all do, so I would look at wiring first (they may be wired on a single circuit in series so like christmas lights where one goes they all quit, seems more likely than all four sensors failing at once).

OP
OP
SVTTrooper

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good call Ben I'll look into that first.

I've been thinking of doing the same as you in regards to the rear bumper and ditch the sensors anyways.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep..... i got this problem too. but once again, it hasnt bothered me enough to dive into it. maybe i will now that i have a reason to explore. maybe in the next 2 weeks i will see what i can find and let you know