"Rear Camera not available" and backup sensors went off...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I was about to like your comment, until you did your little French thing....

So I'll leave these FREEDOM FRIES for you to munch on...

Freedom+Fries.jpg

q5mEJV4.gif

OP
OP
Fb73

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Jimbo

Thx for the fries, me happy !

v5kju2x-fat-girls-and-fries.jpg

But let's be serious, everything on my Raptor is now working well, no more blown fuses...Cause of issue is undetermined for now...

OP
OP
Fb73

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So...That ******g fuse is blown again...after a rainy day and some offroad on wet trails... :rage:

That's something about water but I don't know what part of the truck is faulty and causes the fuse to blow...

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
So...That ******g fuse is blown again...after a rainy day and some offroad on wet trails... :rage:

That's something about water but I don't know what part of the truck is faulty and causes the fuse to blow...
@FordService, have you heard of any issues like this?

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@FordService, have you heard of any issues like this?

Hey, Jimbo!

Since I'm not a technician, I don't have access to information about repair histories or mechanical information. I'm not the best resource for trending concerns; the dealership's service manager is always going to be the ideal point person for these kind of questions.

Crystal

OP
OP
Fb73

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, Jimbo!

Since I'm not a technician, I don't have access to information about repair histories or mechanical information. I'm not the best resource for trending concerns; the dealership's service manager is always going to be the ideal point person for these kind of questions.

Crystal

Thanks for the answer Crystal, unfortunately we don't really have "local dealers" here in Europe, as the Raptors was not intended to be imported in Europe...So the Ford dealers over here don't even have a clue of what a Raptor is...

after few tests today, problem is still here, my plan will be to disconnect every part wired to that #34 fuse and see which one is faulty, I just hope that's something I will be able to fix on my own !

What's confusing is that I don't find anybody here or on the F150 forums who is having the same issue...:wtf:

OP
OP
Fb73

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys !

Today I spent some time crawling under my Rap (Djezus there's a lot of holes where the dirt can hide...), and I found that the harness of the rear cam in the tailgate was damaged, one of the connector is broken and on the other connector there's a chafed wire...

Don't know how it happened as this part of the harness is hidden in the tailgate and should not be damaged... :think:

I pulled that harness out, tested again and it was working, so i guess the chafed wire was maybe in contact with a metallic part of the tailgate, causing the short circuit...

Sooooo, need a new harness, new connector and...new emblem... :win:

Attachments

• wire.JPG
    wire.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 124
  • connector.JPG
    connector.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 124

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Maybe check the loomed harness that goes from the tailgate into the bed, maybe something knocked it and it has chaffed through...

Hi guys !

Today I spent some time crawling under my Rap (Djezus there's a lot of holes where the dirt can hide...), and I found that the harness of the rear cam in the tailgate was damaged, one of the connector is broken and on the other connector there's a chafed wire...

Don't know how it happened as this part of the harness is hidden in the tailgate and should not be damaged... :think:

I pulled that harness out, tested again and it was working, so i guess the chafed wire was maybe in contact with a metallic part of the tailgate, causing the short circuit...

Sooooo, need a new harness, new connector and...new emblem... :win:

You're welcome :ROFLJest: