Rcv IWE eliminator kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They shouldn't need much to be ok. I'm very interested in what @rptr has to say. PTU all wheel drive vehicles have used locked hubs and center switching device for a long time. These vehicles have the same issue with the ring gear becoming the drive gear and they lay for 100k plus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The idea of pushing the front differential due to IWE elimination and it immediately causing some huge ring and pinion failure is mostly just theory. I'd like to hear from someone that has had a failure. I've got an f250 that has many thousands of miles of manual locked front hubs running 2wd without issue ... 222,000 miles and counting. Granted it's a HD truck and has a lot less up front suspension and CV joint wise, but still a front diff and front drive shaft.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the CVs are next weak link, not the diff.

On a somewhat separate note, I think the aluminum diff case would fail before the ring and pinion.

I agree. I have other IFS trucks that are full time 4x4. Launched with Al housing and it would fail before gears, every time. Half shafts and Tie rods typucally when before the dif housing

jager000

Reaction score
Having Broken 3 hubs and two axle shafts I'm ready to try this kit. Slow crawls in sandy terrain shows how inadequate the IWE setup is.

I drive this truck daily and I was really hoping that there was a better solution. I was even considering running a vacuum pump like we do on hotrods with power brakes and a big cam. Any thoughts on this?