Rattle In Driver Side Vent Area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over the past month I've noticed a rattling noise when going over slight vibrations or accelerating for about the first 2 miles and then it goes away. Seems to be in the area behind the driver side vent (closest to the door) or in the door itself where it meets the dash when closed. Any experienced this? I've tried putting pressure in areas all around this and it doesn't go away until the truck runs for a few minutes. Only really notable in mornings or after resting cold for a while.

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah mine literally sounds like it's in that vent to the left of the steering wheel. I also have a rattle when off roading in the center speaker. But this isn't that.

Moridin

Reaction score
How weird... I have almost the exact same thing, though I can't quite place it directly in that vent area. Just sort of nebulously seems to come from the middle to front of the door area.

I've pushed and applied pressure all over, and nothing makes it stop. Except when it does on its own like you said. Just the other day I was driving and thought, "Hey... that little rattle's gone."

But later, usually when first driving it, it'll be back for a while. Trippy.

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah this is the exact same. It could possibly be the door, but it's in that "zone". I don't want to start taking off panels b/c then I really will make something creek and rattle.

codeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not the door handle cover is it? Mine drives me nuts depending on the temperature lol give it a squeeze, and the plastic creaks. Not sure if that's what you're hearing or not

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No it's further up than the handle. like behind the vent area or in the door in the same zone towards the pillar.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tinky your best bet would have someone else drive it from a cold overnight stay and you do a ride along to see if you can find it. Years ago I had a dry weatherstripping strip that would only sqeek when it was cold and it drove me nuts. I used WD40 Sprayed onto a rage and went around the whole door seal and that did solve it. It may take some time to troubleshoot it, does it do it more while driving straight, or turn or at a specific temperature?

My last rattle on my 18 Raptor was one of the rear seat belts while in a not used position was the cause, the metal tab that goes into the buckle ws hitting the door panel occasionally

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might try the WD40 trick tonight. I would probably have to sit in the drivers lap to locate this noise though!