RaptorAddict Phase 4 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RaptorAddict.com

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So a little follow up on the maiden run since she's been back. The 3 hour drive out was a worry considering having no time to test drive before taking the haul. I must say I was very impressed. The design SVC (Special Vehicle Concepts) produced was tight in the steering and hardly any play whatsoever considering the long travel modifications. Yes of course I heard the suspension chatter here and there and even more so off road. But that is expected and is just normal going this route with this setup. The world of racing suspension. No more factory silence. Now while testing over the grueling terrain in Johnson Valley, ........ WOW! Considering not even being tuned, the suspension and Fox shocks carried the truck through anything in its path with no mind worrying occurrences. Barreled over everything like butter. To top it all off, the all new Baja Coyote front bumper didn't touch to the ground once after all the nose diving events. The approach clearance turned out to be quite the success! We will be heading out for final adjustments along with photo shoots and videos to be posted to show how awesome this setup performs! Job well done SVC and thank you for all the hard work. Here are a couple pics at camp.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417399323.123908.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417399336.158268.jpg

OP
OP
RaptorAddict.com

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We ran out to Barstow, CA last weekend for some testing and tuning. Of course we found one of the more chopped up and rutted out part of the race course to test in. By the end of the day the truck was running awesome through these parts, but still have room for more improvement with what we have left in the shocks and a few other small details. This means, once all done, this thing will be a it's peak performance.

Now as much as some will call "BS" on this due to no proof pics, I don't care. It happened. The area of course we tested on was also being tested on by a 6100 Trohy Truck. Made us damn proud considering we were pulling 60 mph though that mess. I wont dare say I can matched him. No way! Even though it was a rough ride, it handled everything quite well. SVC will be posting a full length video of the really soon here.

I have a dilemma though. What in the heck should I do about the exterior. Keep it painted and give a clean look, or do a full wrap again like last time? Tough decision.

I also want to add that after all this harsh beating, the Baja Coyote bumper was untouched. Just some little dirt rub on the very bottom edge of the skid plate. Perfect clearance! You can examine how close it gets on the upcoming videos.

Here are some glamour shots before testing

tt5.jpg

tt.jpg

tt3.jpg

tt2.jpg

tt4.jpg

OP
OP
RaptorAddict.com

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don't think you put enough coats of clear coat on. Nice and shiny:buffer:

I need a wrap bad! She got pretty scratched up since thanksgiving. Even though I painted it myself, that molten orange still cost 320.00 a quart plus the Hot Rod Black trims at 160.00 a quart and the clear at 380.00 a gal. What's this world coming to with the price of paint???