Raptor XT Cams!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boss327

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really surprised Ford Racing made you pay a restocking fee when they failed to mention that the cams will not work with stock pistons. Hopefully you didn't have to pay too much.

Anyways, congrats on your RPG purchase. I'm sure you will be happy with it.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think them being addicting will be a problem, really great people, with a great product... It's a win win!!!

Dont say I didnt warn you...it starts with a Stage 3 but next thing you know youve ordered tie rods, UCAs, power steering res, fiberglass, fox 3.0 coilovers, 3.0 rear bypass etc. :waytogo:

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ha, sounds like u managed for a better deal anyways. Good luck with install

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Rusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude,
Sorry to hear about your situation with Ford. They should have been out front with you.

Every SVT build I have done has been with forged internals. As a matter of fact the
Romemo engine is a completely forged power plant. I am a bit surprised that these
Folks at Ford call the raptor a SVT since the engine is so large 379 CI is not small.
and should be forged parts internally.

Guys are installing Whipple blowers now on a fairly regular basics. I am suprise that
the blower does not require forged internals.

I am even suprised that the block is cast iron and the heads are aluminum, those two
serfaces and Heat between them is different. MMMMMMM

It there anyone making forged parts for this 6.2 or as someone said 6.6.
I ask these questions because I am new to the Raptor Team.

Please advise, thanks......

Rusty

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude,
Sorry to hear about your situation with Ford. They should have been out front with you.

Every SVT build I have done has been with forged internals. As a matter of fact the
Romemo engine is a completely forged power plant. I am a bit surprised that these
Folks at Ford call the raptor a SVT since the engine is so large 379 CI is not small.
and should be forged parts internally.

Guys are installing Whipple blowers now on a fairly regular basics. I am suprise that

I am even suprised that the block is cast iron and the heads are aluminum, those two

Rusty

Livernois has forged rotating assemblies for the 6.2 and has a stroker option - 6.6l of forged goodness.

I really want an all aluminum option - if I'm dreaming here.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And For $100,000 you can get the twin turbos for it too!

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Dude,

Rusty

With the Whipple it's a matter of swapping out the SC Pulley and a Tune.
Ford Racing did a durabilty test for 6 months and came up with what Whipple sells as Complete Kit (plus upgarde).
If you are going to want more HP then a forged internals would be a must! and a Transmission upgrade as well.

Hey Rusty do you drive in to Queens over the Whitstone Bridge? I see this Blue Raptor with Graphics every morning around 7:30am
I park mine at the bottom of the bridge on the Queens side.

I'll even let you check out the Whipple!

Last edited: