Raptor XT Cams!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Well it seems since Ford is no lover planning on building the Raptor XT, that Ford Racing is now selling the 15 Cam sets they had produced!!! The problem is that they have no intentions of producing any more, as per my phone conversation with a Ford Racing Rep today. So I hurried, and called my wife for approval for the $1,425 purchase, explained to her the sense of urgency for this buy, and WOOT!!! She signed off on it, so I ran down to our local Ford dealership and ordered a set because the gentleman on the phone said I was not able to direct purchase said part, it's only authorized to sell direct to a dealer. Nonetheless, I have ordered a set, and will post before Dyno video for sound and numbers, and of course an after... I can't say that I am really stoked about this enough, but as fellow Raptor owners, I’m sure you can understand my excitement. I had to tell someone who would understand the way I do about a new MOD, but to also inform everyone, so if anyone else was looking for something new to do to his or her truck.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to be the one to break it to you, but you can't run those cams without changing your pistons - Livernois tested them and they will not work with the factory pistons.

OP
OP
R
Reaction score
Well first off, please don't be sorry, I owe you a huge thank you for saving me time and money for the install only to find out that they will not function... /sigh secondly I am really looking forward to my phone conversation with the fine people at ford racing for failing to mention what I feel is a huge detail when I called and questioned about the Cams... and third I am already mentally prepared to pay the re-stocking fee and send them back once received... well, you win some and lose some, and you live and learn, and for all future modifications I will first and foremost touch base with the forum and see all the details prior to the buy... once again, thank you for the information, and the huge time and money save... ok, now to move on, how is the cam set-up offered by Livernois? Hehe

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is always the option of saving up and replacing the pistons... those cams would sound pretty nasty :)

Livernois has a set of mild cams that will work with the stock pistons - output is just over 500bhp with headers and around 540bhp if you also port the heads.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, we were all excited when they said you could buy the XT cams...but the fine print says they are not compatible with the stock pistons.

As War said, Livernois has the only available cam package to speak of right now. And if you have a stock 6.2 it will run you $8k tuned and out the door for 400rwhp of cammed goodness.

Lance Vincent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they sell them at 1425.00 for the pair? I think they where 1425.00 each?

Any how ? not ready to fly cut pistons yet.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did they sell them at 1425.00 for the pair? I think they where 1425.00 each?

Any how ? not ready to fly cut pistons yet.

It's my understanding that because of the factory piston design, fly cutting isn't recommended - not enough material.

OP
OP
R
Reaction score
Ok, long and short of those cams are, they were in fact 1425 for the pair, but I spoke with the people at ford racing and they said that the stock pistons could be cut to make the clearance, so I followed it up with a call to livernois, because of me just being burnt but ford racing, and my assessment of their sales people not really having a full understanding of the product, and livernois said that even modified the stock pistons still wouldn't provide enough clearance, and they recommended either the complete piston swap, or using the XT cams in a motor with the 6.6L blown. Either way you would be looking at 6K, all the way up to 18K for the 6.6... Although it would be amazing, it was something that money wise I am unable to tackle at this time... So I spoke with my wife, and she knows that I really wanted to do the stage 3 suspension from RPG... So I spoke with Ford, paid a restock fee, made a sad face and called Jerratd at RPG, and he first off is an awesome dude, but he hooked me up, and I'm hoping to have a blast this weekend, doing the install!!! Thanks for the info on the XT cams, and I am very happy with the suspension that is on its way!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc