Raptor vs Ram Runner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
I'm saying the idea of a kit for the ram isn't stupid.

I'm not saying the comparison isn't stupid.

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Personally I think the Ram will be better since the Ram is not a production truck... Let them build that thing on the assembly line and then we can compare them...

I agree you can't compare the 2. There are no other trucks that come off the assembly line ready to run like the raptor. plus I owned a ram and was not happy with the quality, fenders all rust out, bad blend door behind dash, dealer took my dash apart 4 times trying to get it right! Thanks extended warranty! seats were messed up after 40000 miles. Oil pan started to get big rust bubbles at 60000 miles. Traded it in at 97000 miles for my raptor best decision I ever made. it would be nice to see ram and GM step up and produce a truck like the raptor. Competition between brands is good for the customer.

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to even out the playing field, just give the raptor a rpg stage 4 kit and we will call it even :crazy:

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still doesn't change the fact the axles were in the Lightning in 99.

yeah, and fat chicks like doughnuts. I think you missed the point of my post.

In addition to the suspension, the Raptor has other HD components - things not offered standard in the 'regular' F150's - that make it better prepared for the abuse it's owners dish out. It isn't perfect by any stretch but it is much better prepared than a typical 1/2 ton truck - of any make.

The Ram Runner is just a 1/2 ton truck with better aftermarket suspension, but lacks things like heavy duty axles, hill descent control, off road mode, etc... unless you PAY for the upgrade, either on dealer order or on the aftermarket.

I don't know what the Ram runs up front, but the standard rear axles are 31 spline just like the regular f150's. Logic and standard practice would dictate that the fronts have a lower spline count than the rear.

Yes, some f150's offer the 34 spline rear axles as an option, but you are still left with 28 spline fronts.

Ford F-150 9.75 Axle Build - Four Wheeler Magazine

If you refer to the table near the bottom of the article, you will see that the Ford 9.75 exceeds the capabilities of a DANA 60 semi float in almost all areas - I would say that qualifies it as a 3/4 ton axle.

Ford F250's ran 30 spline front axles for decades - our 31 spline axle shafts are every bit as tough - though our weak link is the aluminum center section.

my assertion still holds true - we have better axles, yet another reason Raptors are better prepared for the abuse than the Ram Runner - unless the Ram owner wants to spend even more money to be 'equal'.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is sweet!!! I'm surprised you haven't jumped all over that Tizz!!

Oh and thanks for posting that :flipthebird: I had stayed off that site for 24 days 13 hours 22 minutes and 32.2 seconds...not that I was counting.

Hahaa... always looking out homie! I gotta stop checking that classified section too!

When he first listed that truck 6 months back, I contacted him to see if he would be interested in a trade + cash. He wasn't interested. I would think a crate coyote 5.0 would be an insane setup for that truck. Let's just stop this conversation now because the trigger finger is getting real itchy again. :shocked:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Hahaa... always looking out homie! I gotta stop checking that classified section too!

When he first listed that truck 6 months back, I contacted him to see if he would be interested in a trade + cash. He wasn't interested. I would think a crate coyote 5.0 would be an insane setup for that truck. Let's just stop this conversation now because the trigger finger is getting real itchy again. :shocked:

I have always wanted to see an F150 with a 5.0 crate engine...:hitit: