Raptor vs Ram Runner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptizzle said:
I would think a crate coyote 5.0 would be an insane setup for that truck.:shocked:

I was thinking the same thing. ~8k for the fully forged crate 5.0 plus another 12k or so for a custom turbo setup and BAM - full tilt badass for less than 90k

Jackemuphigh21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Ram MIGHT be able to be competition for the Raptor off road but amenities on road are not even close to what the Raptor offers. Dodge doesn't offer an extended cab anymore. Dodges crew cab also has considerably less leg room in the rear seat than the F-150. Ford has the sync system. The Ford seats are cooled and WAY more comfortable than the dodge seats ( I know, I've owned 5 dodges). The interior is way more finished and refined than the dodge. They just feels so boxy and like they are made of cheap plastic inside. And then you talk about going out and doing what the Raptor does off road on top of having all the nice on road features it has. Raptor is far above the RR in this area. The off road performance may be be slighted in the RR favor but look at the money difference and the fact that it is not a production vehicle nor is it street legal from what I have heard (could be wrong on this). I just think that $ for $ if you spent the exact same amount on the two trucks the Raptor would take the cake hands down.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm actually on the other side of this. I think the RR will do pretty well and I hope it does really well. I hope it makes Ford think of something above and beyond, to make the Raptor even better.

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally this truck wasn't street legal nor would it have a warranty. The last I heard it was made street legal and it keeps the warranty.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not exactly sure why folks are getting defensive on here.

the RR looks to be pretty bad ass and fun, and would make for a great dirt toy.

The raptor how ever is my DD and is pretty damn bad ass in the dirt. If i was to off road race the truck I would do like some other folks on here and have a truck built to that spec. For the money right now, nothing beats a raptor for its all around ass kickery. I can cruise to a 4-5 star restaurant, have a valet take the truck off and park it next to a bently and not feel like some brodawg MOTOCROSS EXTREME MONSTER SPONSORED *********. Or i can go pinstripe my doors on a jeep trail, or i can got framedeep in the local mudhole (thank you bubba rope group buy!), or just be a general hooligan on my local streets.

Basically i can do anything i ******* want in this truck, the RR will fail hard at comfort/luxury unless built on a luxury ram. Which means the price range is well beyond what it takes a raptor to get up to *****. It simply doesnt make sense beyond brand name fan boyism.

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the price is outrageous. What is it something like 15k for the whole kit? Axles, fenders, suspension, brakes, tires, blah blah blah. We pay next to nothing on top of a comparable FX4, the value from the Raptor is ridiculous.

Without a doubt it'll outperform the Raptor, but for the cost I don't see very many kits selling. Odds are other aftermarket companies are offering similar kits for less, as is usually the case with Mopar kits that are rebadged aftermarket kits. And I doubt they'll cover a warranty claim if you install at home and the sky's the limit for dealer cost to have the kit installed.

Last edited:

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Several months back my good buddy Raptorguy21 went in to our local Ram dealership to inquire about buying a new truck fully outfitted with the Ram Runner package. The salesman had absolutely NO idea what he was talking about.... Neither did the Sales Manager..... In not so many words they made it clear to him that they had doubts this Ram Runner he described even existed. They were looking at him like he was crazy while he described it and he basically got fed up, advised them to study their product, and went out and bought another Ford.

Banned
Reaction score
Several months back my good buddy Raptorguy21 went in to our local Ram dealership to inquire about buying a new truck fully outfitted with the Ram Runner package. The salesman had absolutely NO idea what he was talking about.... Neither did the Sales Manager..... In not so many words they made it clear to him that they had doubts this Ram Runner he described even existed. They were looking at him like he was crazy while he described it and he basically got fed up, advised them to study their product, and went out and bought another Ford.

Well what did he expect! It's dodge! Hahaha.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the price is outrageous. What is it something like 15k for the whole kit? Axles, fenders, suspension, brakes, tires, blah blah blah.

It's 23k parts only plus labor and that doesn't include upgraded axles, just suspension and body panels, hood, etc. Also still have to pay for panel install, bodywork and paint.

Last edited: