raptor vs. new tundra trd pro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedthebear

Reaction score
Which truck has a nicer interior? Because clearly us Americans are all going to be making minimum wage living in our cars in short order ;)

party2309

Reaction score
The t UrD pRO is a Tremor/Rebel competitor. Not a Raptor/TRX competitor. You’d be a fool to buy a japanese pickup; never mind one that costs $65k and doesn’t even have full time 4WD.

I agree Raptor is in a whole other bracket than Trd pro. However, the tundra was/is made, assembled, built, and designed by American engineers/workers which is neat. Japan fully handed off the tundra to the U.S to design years ago.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the computer chips Ford is waiting for for F150’s are made in USA ?
All vehicles have globally sourced parts. US manufacturers still have the most US sourced parts. Ford is partnering with a chip company to bring manufacturing to the US.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree Raptor is in a whole other bracket than Trd pro. However, the tundra was/is made, assembled, built, and designed by American engineers/workers which is neat. Japan fully handed off the tundra to the U.S to design years ago.
That’s simply not true, that’s the BS Toyota puts out to the media to try and paint the picture that they’re “American” as they rob this country blind. The vast majority of all the design and engineering is done in Japan, they simply assemble them here because it’s cheaper than importing them and paying the tariffs. Then they haul tens of billions in profit out of this country every year.

All it takes is a quick look at their patent applications to disprove their false claims. For example, here’s the one for the new “Hybrid Max” engine:

Applicant: TOYOTA JIDOSHA KABUSHIKI KAISHA, Achi-ken (JP)
Inventor: Masami Ishikawa, Achi-gun (JP)

party2309

Reaction score
That’s simply not true, that’s the BS Toyota puts out to the media to try and paint the picture that they’re “American” as they rob this country blind. The vast majority of all the design and engineering is done in Japan, they simply assemble them here because it’s cheaper than importing them and paying the tariffs. Then they haul tens of billions in profit out of this country every year.

All it takes is a quick look at their patent applications to disprove their false claims. For example, here’s the one for the new “Hybrid Max” engine:

Applicant: TOYOTA JIDOSHA KABUSHIKI KAISHA, Achi-ken (JP)
Inventor: Masami Ishikawa, Achi-gun (JP)

That is false my friend. Yes creating of the new engine is still from Japan but the engine is still built right in Alabama. I hate to say this but I hope you know that Tundra is more made in America than the F-150’s. I wish that wasn’t the case but it’s true.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is false my friend. Yes creating of the new engine is still from Japan but the engine is still built right in Alabama. I hate to say this but I hope you know that Tundra is more made in America than the F-150’s. I wish that wasn’t the case but it’s true.
Wrong again. As I mentioned, the high paying white collar engineering and design jobs are in Japan. Then they pay Americans fast food wages to assemble the parts that are shipped in globally. All of their US employees are non-union and they’ve done everything they can to keep it that way. Then can then label the finished assembly “US content”, even though it consists almost entirely of foreign parts.

F-150 is more “made in America” than Tundra, and it’s built by Union workers making a middle class wage. F-150 is built in Dearborn, MI and Kansas City, MO. The engines are built in Ohio. The transmissions are built in Livonia, MI. The axles are built in Sterling Heights, MI.

I’ll never understand why anyone would so vigorously defend a foreign company that pulls tens of billions of dollars more money out of this country than they invest in it.

Spooky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the styling of the ‘21 and older Taco’s and Tundras and was looking at them before I choose the Gen 3. My issue is the roof height. I’m 6’6” (mostly torso) and I can’t comfortably fit in the trucks without my head scraping. After test driving a Gen 2 and ensuring I fit, I wanted a Gen 3 (because it was cheaper than what a used Gen 2).

party2309

Reaction score
Wrong again. As I mentioned, the high paying white collar engineering and design jobs are in Japan. Then they pay Americans fast food wages to assemble the parts that are shipped in globally. All of their US employees are non-union and they’ve done everything they can to keep it that way. Then can then label the finished assembly “US content”, even though it consists almost entirely of foreign parts.

F-150 is more “made in America” than Tundra, and it’s built by Union workers making a middle class wage. F-150 is built in Dearborn, MI and Kansas City, MO. The engines are built in Ohio. The transmissions are built in Livonia, MI. The axles are built in Sterling Heights, MI.

I’ll never understand why anyone would so vigorously defend a foreign company that pulls tens of billions of dollars more money out of this country than they invest in it.

Please show me where F150’s are more made in America than Tundras. I’ll wait…

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am on the list for a 2022 Tundra Pro and A 2022 Raptor. I believe the Tundra Pro will MSRP at roughly $65k, same as the base Raptor. I am waiting patiently for the official EPA numbers for the Tundra hybrid Pro.

party2309

Reaction score
I am on the list for a 2022 Tundra Pro and A 2022 Raptor. I believe the Tundra Pro will MSRP at roughly $65k, same as the base Raptor. I am waiting patiently for the official EPA numbers for the Tundra hybrid Pro.

I think it’s a bad move for the trd pro to be so expensive. The 2021 MSRP’D at 49k with a V8 engine. Crazy if the 2022 is at 60k+. I think they will have trouble selling trying to compete with the Raptor.

Status
Not open for further replies.