Raptor vs Grand Cherokee summit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT 4x4

Reaction score
I have both an SRT8 Grand Cherokee and a Raptor. I love them both but the SRT8 is the wife's and the Raptor is mine...

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will assert that few of us NEED a Raptor. On the other hand, most Raptor owners have had to compromise on what we WANT until our trucks appeared in our driveways. If you are upside down financially (initial cost/payments, fuel, insurance, upkeep, etc.) by buying one, man up and decide not to drive over that cliff. It's really ok not do do stupid shit.... However... If you are in a situation where you have the flexibility to afford what you WANT, the only question then is..... what color you want. Remember, you came to a Raptor forum to ask if a Jeep Cherokee is better.....don't be surprised at the answer vehicle for vehicle, absent any other criteria. As an onroad/offroad truck that oozes awesome from the showroom floor, NOTHING compares. For your criteria?......well.....you decide.

Regarding problems - My experience is that these man made machines are on the whole, better than average in terms of day to day reliability, however, when they do require repairs, however, they are not nit-picky and you are shelling out pretty stiff $$'s if you don't have an aftermarket warranty. Some of my repairs my truck has needed would have been pretty painful had my Ford Premium Care not covered them at 100%-deductible, including rental car coverage while the dealer was waiting for parts.

Last edited: