Raptor sidesteps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rock-eater

Rock-eater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wolf and everyone else thank you, i will get to ordering.
I need to read up on the quick sealant, can it be used on the entire vehicle?

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Car Wash Shampoo - need to use pH neutral soap so you don't strip off the sealants or wax. I use the Wash Wedge, but you can also use a Wash Pad. It is good practice to use two, one for the upper 2/3 of the truck where there is less dirt (usually), then a second one on the lower 1/3. A good way to keep them straight is to use the Wedge on the upper, and the pad on the lower.

Wash Wedge... that is what I got in my mystery box.

I was a little underwhelmed at first with what I got. The Wash Wedge and Wash Pad are nice but I have my own... I still have lots of Mr. Pink so the Car Shampoo was not needed right now.

I have since changed my mind. I really like the wash pad and though it is too soon to say anything about the Car Shampoo, I did like the bubble output :)

I didn't know what the Wash Wedge was though and I hadn't searched for it but now I will use it this weekend!

Last edited:

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wolf and everyone else thank you, i will get to ordering.
I need to read up on the quick sealant, can it be used on the entire vehicle?

Yes, it just won't last as long as Liquid Paint Sealant. With proper washing, it can last 4 months or so.

Also, note that automatic car washes, especially the touch-less versions, use harsh chemicals that will strip sealants, wax, and will dry out the plastics and the running boards. IMHO, if you don't have time to wash it yourself, you are better off leaving it dirty.

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wash Wedge... that is what I got in mystery box.

I as a little underwhelmed at first with what I got. The Wash Wedge and Wash Pad are nice but I have my own... I still have lots of Mr. Pink so the Car Shampoo was not needed right now.

I have since changed my mind. I really like the wash pad and though it is too soon to say anything about the Car Shampoo, I did like the bubble output :)

I didn't know what the Wash Wedge was though and I hadn't searched for it but now I will use it this weekend!

I like it. Easy to hold onto, holds lots of suds, and lighter than a wash pad.

20150517_130750.jpg

20150517_125950.jpg

OP
OP
Rock-eater

Rock-eater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I will get beat up a little buy this but... I use a mobile auto detail guy. For several reasons I just don't have the time I wish I had to do it myself. The detail guy is good uses filtered water, and products that seem to do a good job. His normal clientele are European sports cars and othe high end cars. I've been using him now for 6 months and I'm happy. I can provide the some of the products to him when he comes over to use but the sealant stuff I will do myself. I asked about the running boards because I have seen him clean them with a brush and they still seem dirty. I don't know I will get try and get out there and work on them as well as apply the sealant.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I use Adam's In-N-Out spray on my steps. Turns them nice and black and lasts about a month or so before they go back to the gray. I just have a lot of trouble actually getting the steps clean.
@AdamsPolishes and @TheWolf, what's the best way to actually clean the steps? I was thinking of trying 50% diluted APC with the fender brush. Thoughts?

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use Adam's In-N-Out spray on my steps. Turns them nice and black and lasts about a month or so before they go back to the gray. I just have a lot of trouble actually getting the steps clean.
@AdamsPolishes and @TheWolf, what's the best way to actually clean the steps? I was thinking of trying 50% diluted APC with the fender brush. Thoughts?

That's what I use but I didn't dilute it. Then I scrubbed it with a firm bristled brush and it got everything off but now since I've been using the Quick Sealant on them I just hit them with the wash pad and everything comes right off.

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I I just have a lot of trouble actually getting the steps clean.

I used straight APC and a brush. Just make sure you don't get the APC on the paint, it will strip off the sealant/wax.

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

If there is no dirt on the running boards can the quick sealant just be sprayed on?
I would clean them first, since there may be stuff on them other than dirt, like maybe Detail Spray overspray. The Quick Sealant will bond better and last longer if the surface is clean.

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I will get beat up a little buy this but... I use a mobile auto detail guy. For several reasons I just don't have the time I wish I had to do it myself. The detail guy is good uses filtered water, and products that seem to do a good job. His normal clientele are European sports cars and othe high end cars. I've been using him now for 6 months and I'm happy. I can provide the some of the products to him when he comes over to use but the sealant stuff I will do myself. I asked about the running boards because I have seen him clean them with a brush and they still seem dirty. I don't know I will get try and get out there and work on them as well as apply the sealant.

There's nothing wrong with having someone else detail your truck, as long as they do it right by using good quality products and proper technique.

Make sure he is using a pH balance shampoo, so it doesn't strip off your sealant.

Next time you have a wash scheduled, watch this video first, and then see if your guy uses good technique.