Raptor R - Will you be buying this beast.

Raptor R in 2022, are you in?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 80 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 122 60.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TRX's will be discounted by then. Ford will do the same old exclusivity ADM crap they've been doing for years. In that scenario the decision will be an easy one.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can afford it but don't want to.

They're going to milk it. Way more than most people think.

Plus as others said the allocation game will likely mean it's a fake product, sort of like Ford GT. Not an actual product you can walk in and buy, even if you try pretty hard. Hope I'm wrong.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
I want one but these are my hard no’s:

ADM fees
Blue interior
Single digit gas mileage

If I can get one without the three items above I’m in. I don’t care if it’s 100k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
the only reason that I'd buy one is if I decide to back half and motor swap my gen2. I'll need something to drive while the gen2 is under the knife.

Plus, I think it would be fun to experience baja in a stock truck again.

Killjoy

Reaction score
Agreed with someone else who said it. I think it's finally a worthy successor to our old 6.2 Velociraptor. Not getting rid of the old but will be adding an "R" to the family.

Bruce Comer

Reaction score
No. $70k for my 2020 and day 3 had major leak from roof support that filled front floorboard. Now camera recall. Upon fixing recall, they gave me key and said “good luck, we have had worse luck with replacements than the original recalled cameras.” Already having issues with new rear camera. $70k! First and last Ford.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm very much in wait and see. Depends what it is and what it costs. A substantial looks upgrade will make more Priuses swerve out of the way when I'm behind them. That would be a plus. More power will make passing Priuses more fun (bonus if they crap themselves). A price north of $100K (USD) would be a non-starter though. I'll get a Gen 3 at some point I'm sure but whether I'll spring for the R will depend.