Raptor R - Will you be buying this beast.

Raptor R in 2022, are you in?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 80 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 122 60.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MyRaptorLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100K plus for 1 second faster 0-60 (based on Gen 2 v TRX), heavier and it will make the nice noises. Anyone who wants that isn't the problem, the people who would pay what it will cost are the absolute morons. What upgrades can you do to a Gen 2 or 3 for 10-20K? I'm thinking an absolute ton.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably not! Will probably be way out of most peoples wallet. Probably top at 150k Canadian easy. Will wait til the numbers come out. If its a scab and a hybrid v8 it might lure me in a bit.

That's what Woodridge Ford in Calgary told me on Monday.. expect to see a price around 150k CAD like the Shelby or more.

The GM also said they've had a few calls from collectors in the area about the V8 so ill fighting rich guys with deep pockets.

Kinda wish Ford offered the V6 Gen 3 with a powerboost lol.. but ill wait to see the hp figures.

codeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man so much hate for the V8. I would like to see what they do with it first. From experience, turbo charged and especially twin turbo charged vehicles pulling this kind of weight use more gas than a V8 because the V6 has a lot of torque to make up for low in the RPMs. At least this EcoBoost is no better than a comparable V8 with overall fuel economy. Sometimes worse sometimes better.

The TRX is shit on for fuel economy, but regular cruising on reviews I’ve seen doesn’t put it very far behind the Gen2 - and it has 250 more horsepower and 110lb-ft more torque and the TRX don’t forget is what 900lbs heavier?

The darn turbo engines only look good on paper and if you never touch the gas.

OP
OP
R

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man so much hate for the V8. I would like to see what they do with it first. From experience, turbo charged and especially twin turbo charged vehicles pulling this kind of weight use more gas than a V8 because the V6 has a lot of torque to make up for low in the RPMs. At least this EcoBoost is no better than a comparable V8 with overall fuel economy. Sometimes worse sometimes better.

The TRX is shit on for fuel economy, but regular cruising on reviews I’ve seen doesn’t put it very far behind the Gen2 - and it has 250 more horsepower and 110lb-ft more torque and the TRX don’t forget is what 900lbs heavier?

The darn turbo engines only look good on paper and if you never touch the gas.
This is true, turbocharged engines when driven under boost eat gas like a V8. When driving my GTR hard, it is very thirsty.

mobob

Reaction score
I’m on the fence still having a reliable Gen1 that I love. It will really depend on the range it will have. They should put a couple gas tanks on it with about 45-50 gallons of capacity as an option. It would make it hard to resist.

RRick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me I want to see the Warthog first. If it disappoints, like being a 4 door only, I will probably upgrade my 2019 Raptor. I already ordered a 2 door Black Diamond Bronco with no add ons, I will trade up into a Warthog, or just keep it and get a new Raptor.