Raptor R vs Cybertruck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been with a cybertruck reservation since thanksgiving 2019 for the mid level dual motor. Initially thought it’d be cool at the 50K-ish price tag. But with it going to be 80-90k configured/ delivered I don’t think it’ll be worth it. Plus with my luck my reservation will get pulled at the same time my 2024R shows up

cptnslo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been with a cybertruck reservation since thanksgiving 2019 for the mid level dual motor. Initially thought it’d be cool at the 50K-ish price tag. But with it going to be 80-90k configured/ delivered I don’t think it’ll be worth it. Plus with my luck my reservation will get pulled at the same time my 2024R shows up
That would put it in the same price due to inflation as a base base trim F150 I still don’t understand how people ever thought that it would be in that price range. That’s four years ago excluding inflation during the Biden administration.

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I understand the inflation/ post Covid pricing… sadly my wages haven’t moved up anywhere close to being able to have the same standard of living. So a 10k ish bump in the price I would have expected, but not a $30k / 60% price increase.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i will take your r. you can still keep the cybertruck. problem solved.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Dude might as well been driving a 83 Ford Tempo next to the Cybertruck.

wjn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you still have to warm up batteries, lowering suspension and other stuff to get maximum performance out of Tesla's? You'll be long gone ...

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not as easy as putting it into 4WD before you come to the stoplight you plan to race from.