Raptor R, all time 4 wheel drive?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Are we still talking about all other vehicles here? Anything but the Raptor "R"!!

I'm hoping the Raptor R comes in SCAB form, v8 with true 2wheel drive and 4wheel drive, 39" tires, roll bar, window net option, I would like to see it not be available in ALLWHEELDRIVE either, no ***** mall drivers allowed to buy this truck.
I kind of like the idea of a barely street legal performance truck. Kind of like what they did with the demon. Passenger seats, optional. AC and radio, optional.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I kind of like the idea of a barely street legal performance truck. Kind of like what they did with the demon. Passenger seats, optional. AC and radio, optional.
See, that's my way of thinking about the "R", it's not suppose to be a multi-purpose vehicle, like the Raptor, which most don't use offroad, it should be "Race" "Ready" with offroad options only. One definite upgrade should be shoulder belts and a some type of rollbar set up.

Raptorius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See, that's my way of thinking about the "R", it's not suppose to be a multi-purpose vehicle, like the Raptor, which most don't use offroad, it should be "Race" "Ready" with offroad options only. One definite upgrade should be shoulder belts and a some type of rollbar set up.
Will be interesting to see if the R is just a glorified Raptor with a V8 and a special hood, or if it actually has some more offroad ready options.

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PROBABLY right now they’re testing the R and have been for sometime IF it’s AWD + , it’s because they cannot reliably make a 2 Wheel Drive truck with that kind of power that can hold a Warranty.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
PROBABLY right now they’re testing the R and have been for sometime IF it’s AWD + , it’s because they cannot reliably make a 2 Wheel Drive truck with that kind of power that can hold a Warranty.
There's a shitload of gen 1's around with supercharged v8's making 700hp and none of them have AWD, just sayin'.... :smiley-face-popcorn

Aurik

Reaction score
Frankly, I don't see any advantage to full-time 4WD and several disadvantages (fuel economy for one. Yeah, we're not buying it for the fuel economy, but I'm just sayin'). One of the reasons I'm NOT buying the TRX is the full-time 4WD -- 75% of my driving is going to be on surface streets at moderate speeds. It'll be on the weekends that I do my off-roading and hauling ass.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Frankly, I don't see any advantage to full-time 4WD and several disadvantages (fuel economy for one. Yeah, we're not buying it for the fuel economy, but I'm just sayin'). One of the reasons I'm NOT buying the TRX is the full-time 4WD -- 75% of my driving is going to be on surface streets at moderate speeds. It'll be on the weekends that I do my off-roading and hauling ass.

I have to agree with full time 4WD being more of an issue vs any advantage. It should be an option.

brian86992

Reaction score

Lots of street cars out there making big HP and RWD. Should be even easier on a truck because components are larger and weight matters less...

Count me out on an AWD Raptor. Flinging it around corners in RWD is where the fun is. And don't forget that most serious baja trucks are 2WD...