Raptor R, all time 4 wheel drive?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaaptor

@thebeardedbrand
Reaction score
It is still unclear.
3AD51109-704A-48A9-B327-F3D6E3BB8676.jpegCDA6E822-BA03-4EF1-A08E-032FBA89366B.jpeg
I’m not sure how to be any clearer now? It wouldn’t let me post the video I took, so hopefully this gets the gist across…
Select Baja mode, the go to your selector knob and literally just select 2H. Then the Raptor is in Baja mode with only 2H, not any 4WD or AWD mode selected.

jjm047

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little derailed. But it was a huge source of contention with the G2 came out and people couldn't lock the rear in 2wd to do hoodrat shit with their friends. I was one of them. Although, I did find that in either baja or sport mode the rear diff would lock up much better than in normal. I'm not sure if it was in my head. See profile pic. Really hoping AWD isn't a must on any Raptor ever. It's not always the fastest way to get around, but 2wd is much more fun when getting from point A-B fastest isn't the priority.
Hood rat shit hahaha. Classic.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure how to be any clearer now? It wouldn’t let me post the video I took, so hopefully this gets the gist across…
Select Baja mode, the go to your selector knob and literally just select 2H. Then the Raptor is in Baja mode with only 2H, not any 4WD or AWD mode selected.

What can possibly be unclear to you about 2WD in Baja mode?

Let me get this straight. The only way to enter 2WD from Baja mode is:
1. Select Baja mode
2. Exit the vehicle
3. Disconnect the front drive shaft

That really seems like a lot of work. I'll stick with the Gen1 since it is far superior and I don't have to exit the vehicle to disengage the front diff.

(okay, i'm officially done)

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1. Select Baja mode
2. Exit the vehicle

That really seems like a lot of work. I'll stick with the Gen1 since it is far superior and I don't have to exit the vehicle to disengage the front diff.

LOL

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1. Select Baja mode
2. Exit the vehicle

I always disconnect the driveshaft before I get in. That saves a step. Seriously, Ford should just make 2WD selectable. :)

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are we still talking about all other vehicles here? Anything but the Raptor "R"!!

I'm hoping the Raptor R comes in SCAB form, v8 with true 2wheel drive and 4wheel drive, 39" tires, roll bar, window net option, I would like to see it not be available in ALLWHEELDRIVE either, no ***** mall drivers allowed to buy this truck.