Raptor Owner By Weekend... Someone random ?s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
First off, my first post so got to start off saying hi!

My background.... I've previous random rides are 2000 Pontiac Trans Am Firehawk #102, sold that because after 4 years wanted something more practical and can tow... Along came a new 2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS and after 2 1/2 years of owning it I decided I needed to be back in a car since the TBSS was a **** and couldn't go sideways so I sold it and got a 2005 Pontiac GTO. Been driving it for past 2 1/2 years and now with building a new house this Spring I need a truck. For past 9-10yrs I've gotten use to having something that's not often seen on the roads and always liked the Raptor since it first came out. I happen to have sold my GTO (come Wednesday, but pretty sure it'll happen) for what I was asking so time to step up to the plate and get my first ever truck.

Assuming my GTO does sell, I have found a white 2011 Raptor which seems stock and will make arrangements to get it, though it's 6hrs away. Anything other than the bending frame which can be seen between the cab and bed I should be aware of? Also anyway to looking up the VIN to see all factory options it should have? It appears stock outside with the only detail inside is I see an alarm LED that was drilled and placed on the left of the steering wheel on the dash. I sort of find that odd, figured the stock security, at least if it has remote start, would be sufficient. I don't worry about it being broken into here, but I definitely would miss remote start since I've had them on past 4 vehicles. Between remote start and navigation, silver or white, are my only "wants" for a Raptor.

I don't "have" to have this certain Raptor, assuming the GTO will be gone I still have a 09 Hayabusa to ride in the meantime. Probably one of worse times to be on a bike, but then again if car sells for what I"m asking I can't complain too much.....least till I'm stuck on 2 wheels in cold and rain! haha!

Thanks for any info, very much appreciated!
- Del (spelled backwards is LED, so you could guess I've had some custom LED mods for past vehicles) :)

formuladriver01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check for shims under the bed mounting bolts also. Some people have had the gap between the frame fixed by shimming. The frame will still be bent but, the gap will look normal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Go get your Raptor-white is the way to go-hides all the desert pinstriping.
A warning-we already have a 'busa owner, you will meet him soon enough.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Dang, I forget when you sign up for a new forum it defaults to no instant email notification! All good now.

Thanks for the welcome and Merry Christmas to all!

Appreciate the shim's under the bed, will definitely check that out. I just got off the phone with the future owner of the goat and all is set for tomorrow. As soon as that goes through, I'll get in touch with the dealership and talk to them. Assuming all seems good, I'll put a deposit down to hold it.

Any input on price, I think it's a good price but wouldn't hurt my feelings if I can talk them down some. They're asking $41k for 2011 with 40k miles, from what I've looked into, it seems fair but I know present Raptor owners have way more knowledge than me.

formuladriver01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go in and tell them your not there to waste time...offer 500 bucks over for what the dealer owns it for. My uncle used to be a sales manager at a dealership and he told me "as long as you offer them something to where they make some kind of profit, they will usually deal".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD