Raptor or ecoboost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fireboat42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I test drove a raptor a month later I bought one, had to have it-THE RIDE SAYS IT ALL!!

1ntheoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an FX4 Ecoboost and love it, however, if I was in the market to buy a new truck, I'd buy a Raptor. However, that's because I enjoy off roading and the off road capabilities is really what sets the two trucks apart. That being said, I didn't see anything in your OP about needing off road capabilities.

Please keep in mind, you asked this question on a Raptor forum, so most responses will be partially biased. Based solely on your requirements, I would recommend a fully loaded FX4 Eco with the Max tow pkg.... That would be the logical and sensible choice... BUT, if it were me... Raptor.

OP
OP
K

Kirks5oh

Reaction score
I have an FX4 Ecoboost and love it, however, if I was in the market to buy a new truck, I'd buy a Raptor. However, that's because I enjoy off roading and the off road capabilities is really what sets the two trucks apart. That being said, I didn't see anything in your OP about needing off road capabilities.

Please keep in mind, you asked this question on a Raptor forum, so most responses will be partially biased. Based solely on your requirements, I would recommend a fully loaded FX4 Eco with the Max tow pkg.... That would be the logical and sensible choice... BUT, if it were me... Raptor.

While I agree with you, I should have stressed the fact that I enjoy having cars that are not too common. I don't off-road right now because I don't have an off-road truck--this will be my first pickup. I drag race and road race, occasionally. But I'm always interested to pick up a new auto-related hobby.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
DONE!!!

Just ordered a 2014. The order goes out Tuesday.
Supercrew
Blue flame metallic with blue interior accents
Couldn't say no to any of the options accept the fender graphics.
Now the waiting begins......

Nice! I ordered almost the same truck minus the blue accents (which I might add) and opted out of both the hood and fender graphics. I hope you don't have a long wait!

Delco.raptor

Reaction score
Having owned both raptor was kickass but ecoboost was a lot more reasonable to drive long distance in with rising fuel cost. But don't take my word as I now have a mustang lol

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I was poised to buy a Raptor three years ago and changed my mind after test driving an ecoBoost. Two ecoBoosts later, a 2011 Lariat and a 2012 Platinum, here I sit waiting for my Raptor to be built.

Congratulations! I think the only regret you'll have is not pulling the trigger sooner.

Amen to that bro.