Raptor or ecoboost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with the others if you want unique get the Raptor. Especially since you like v8 engines and said you can't leave a vehicle alone. Personally I have lost count of how many "last mods" I have purchased for mine. Now I will admit it will never be done. It is easier that way. Wife even asks if I am done for a while or is there something else we "need".
Buy the Raptor you will love it. Check out the towing threads. For what you do the Raptor should be very capable. SCREW will give you a little more capacity for towing and kids.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, Kirk! And...quit dickin around and go get a Raptor. Based on what you wrote, nothing less will do. IJS

P.S. My wife loves driving the truck as much as I do, and she is a fantastic driver and loves to go offroad, always has. She does, however, like driving the BMW 7 better round town, though....she's way more sensible than I.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Definitely raptor...

It's great in the snow

Kids are going to be begging you to drive it, even if you don't put DVDs in it if you do, the car stereo company...vendor------->over here can help you.

Heated and cooled seats in the front

For towing, you might want to consider HD springs or bigger bump stops. Bumps are fairly easy to change out. Far from stock does it every time he towes his travel trailer.....

Oh, and power. Get the give star tune and it gets rid of the tiny bit of hesitation the truck has. ...tons of power and they offer a tow tune. Although tow haul mode does pretty good on its own. The sway control kicking in is pretty nifty

I don't remember what else was on your list, but good luck...get the raptor!

Last edited:

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
for kids getting in and out, my 5 and 7 year old neices get in and out with no problem. the 5 year old needs help opening and closing the door tho.

make sure you get a cut out and exhaust too to really enjoy the sound of the 6.2. the 5 yr old lets out a "whoooaaaahhh" every time i have the dut out open and get on it. she loves riding in my truck.

OP
OP
K

Kirks5oh

Reaction score
thanks for all the replies guys. pretty sure i have the wife sold on the idea. i always tell her i will leave a car alone, and then mod it!! i've (admittedly) ruined a few cars by modding them to the point where they are no longer fun to drive, but i don't see that happening here. definitely a tune, exhaust, intake, and some other minor (must have)mods will be on the list. i just won't bring it up until i have the truck in the garage.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
dont forget a bedrug or linex for the bed, and a DeeZee tailgate assist is a must, along with a tailgate lock!

also i meant to mention, snow? can it handle snow? LOLOLOL oh man, just you wait for when you drive it in snow. :banana-mario:

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Love mine but seriously if you are not able to handle the repair bills get the extended warranty from Ford. Mine would have paid for itself twice by now. You will thank me later and I NEVER buy these but now i will just for the non drivetrain items!

Do the research on the Eco Boost--there are some problems starting to show up. The longer the engine is out there the more you will see this. Ford bet the farm on it and it may cost them.

OP
OP
K

Kirks5oh

Reaction score
Love mine but seriously if you are not able to handle the repair bills get the extended warranty from Ford. Mine would have paid for itself twice by now. You will thank me later and I NEVER buy these but now i will just for the non drivetrain items!

Do the research on the Eco Boost--there are some problems starting to show up. The longer the engine is out there the more you will see this. Ford bet the farm on it and it may cost them.

good call on the extended warranty. we got one on the wife's SUV, which is our primary driver when taking the kids places. it has paid for itself, easily. a/c went out, several electrical gremlins, two broken door handles, two wheel bearings, a torn seat at the seam. all shit i would not want to deal with.