Raptor on turo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know me, and I don't trust me. I would NEVER rent a Raptor to me or anybody who reminds me of myself. I heard that back in the '60's you could walk into selected Hertz car rental offices and drive off in a limited edition Hertz Mustang Fastback for a couple bucks extra. I bet those cars were rode hard & put up wet on the daily.

Hertz Rent-A-Racer. Then revived in the mid-2000's and still going. Mostly Shelby Mustangs, but more recently some Corvettes and Camaros have made it in to the rotation.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who has 7 cars on TURO. He runs it like a car rental business and not his personal autos. He has had cars damaged but he has insurance for that. The Raptor may not be This Forum perfect but it might have some wear. I have rented premium cars and I never expected my personal standards but TURO does have standards. Whe you get a car from hertz or Sixt do you think the car will be a destroyed POS?

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i rented a corvette last year on there in ft lauderdale and i didnt notice till nighttime but def someone had got railed on the hood...

there was something wrong with the transmission lockup converter, and also a loud rubbing noise over 80mph like a belly pan, but it was a nice enough car to drive to key west instead of a basic camry or whatever..

def cemented my decision to never buy one of those cars..

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a friend who has 7 cars on TURO. He runs it like a car rental business and not his personal autos. He has had cars damaged but he has insurance for that. The Raptor may not be This Forum perfect but it might have some wear. I have rented premium cars and I never expected my personal standards but TURO does have standards. Whe you get a car from hertz or Sixt do you think the car will be a destroyed POS?
I wasn't thinking about the truck being a POS. I was thinking how much I would not want to be the OWNER of the rental, fixing all the stuff that people would destroy.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know me, and I don't trust me. I would NEVER rent a Raptor to me or anybody who reminds me of myself. I heard that back in the '60's you could walk into selected Hertz car rental offices and drive off in a limited edition Hertz Mustang Fastback for a couple bucks extra. I bet those cars were rode hard & put up wet on the daily.
I watched a documentary on that once. People were actually renting the mustangs, performing engine swaps and then returning them with a lesser engine.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I always found that rental Mustang GT's make pretty good dune buggies and off roaders! Every national meeting we went to, for many years, 3 of us would rent one and beat the **** out of it for a few days. Good times!
Man I had a rental Mustang one time when we used to go to the drive-in and have gigantic underage parties in the very back. We got all tanked up one time and had a race to the bathrooms. Man that poor Mustang flew over those terraces to the main shack :Big Laugh: