Raptor height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CincyRaptor

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am in the market for a car and looking at raptors. One of my concerns is the height versus my parking garages. One is 6 foot 7 inches and the other is 6 foot 8 inches. Will a stock raptor fit? I checked Ford’s website and it says 78.5 inches. Does that include the little antenna on the roof?

Thank you,

chris

Marspool

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Typically a vehicle’s stated height is to its highest point, including antennas.

YoshiTheRaptor

Reaction score
I live in a Condo (Townhouse in Canada) am not allowed to park my vehicle outside the garage, or in vistors too long, as well as street parking is always taken.

It should fit, I was in a similar situation, and the radio antenna would hit the top, I replaced it with a shorter antenna. My advice would be to ask the dealer to let you try to park it in the garage on the test drive. My dealer did and it confirmed my decision.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Antenna on F150s are always taller than the roof. They are not included in the height of the vehicle on the spec sheets.

I live in your area- the garages around here, especially downtown, are going to pucker your ass at every crossbeam. I take a car if I need to park in a garage.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't go to downtown Cincinnati unless I have no other choice.

OP
OP
CincyRaptor

CincyRaptor

Reaction score
The dealer I’ve been sulking to said with the small antenna in top of the truck included it’s 6.5 feet. Can that be right.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am in the market for a car and looking at raptors. One of my concerns is the height versus my parking garages. One is 6 foot 7 inches and the other is 6 foot 8 inches. Will a stock raptor fit? I checked Ford’s website and it says 78.5 inches. Does that include the little antenna on the roof?

Thank you,

chris
My Raptor fits in 6'7" underground garages, with 44lbs in the tires. You can run 36lbs safely and gain .25 inch, but dont need to. I did slightly scrape at 6'6" once, but was one of those bang bars swinging. I think it was off its height though.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You can fit in a 6’8” single level garage, the stock Rap comes in about 6’6.5” with new tires. The garages are typically signed to the lowest clearance in the garage, but keep a tape measure with you.

Notice I said single level. I had to back out of a multi level garage signed 6’8”because she was about to get the roof trimmed. I was going up to the next level and there was duct work running across the ramp. I inched the truck forward and got to the corner of the duct and from outside could see that even 4 lo / punch it wouldn’t work.

Hopefully next time you hear from me I’m a proud owner.

Awesome. Don’t wuss out and buy a prius. ;)