Raptor height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CincyRaptor

CincyRaptor

Reaction score
Hell yeah thanks. I’ll test drive one and take it downtown. Just measured my garage and I’m good to go there.

two24studios

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My old parking garage was 6'6" and there was no way in hell I was going to fit without airing down. I found a garage that was 6'8" and I fit, but it's a little scary the first time you go in.

In my case, the garages were in downtown Denver, so I went late at night when it wasn't busy so I could pull up and measure everything and be 100%. My antenna will hit in some places, but you really just want to be careful of the satellite radio antenna on the top of the roof.

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am in the market for a car and looking at raptors. One of my concerns is the height versus my parking garages. One is 6 foot 7 inches and the other is 6 foot 8 inches. Will a stock raptor fit? I checked Ford’s website and it says 78.5 inches. Does that include the little antenna on the roof?

Thank you,

chris

no, it does not include the antenna

Brody Goble

Reaction score
Should be do-able but never fully trust the signs. I live in a condo in Vancouver Canada, have a new 2020 SCREW and it fits in my 6’7 underground. I also went to a shorty antenna as the constant clanging will drive anyone insane haha.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My office garage is 6'8" at the sign bar on the way in and even with my Eibach springs I still fit. Stock in the back, so it's just leveled. After the springs I pulled in and opened the sunroof to see how much room I had and there was 1"+ above the SAT antenna. I have a bullet fender antenna that went on before I even tried my garage, so I have no idea if the stock whip one would clang or not.

Killr V

Reaction score
Like everyone has said, don't trust the signs...I am 6'6" in height and at 39 lbs of air in tires, I am the exact height of the truck at the tallest point. I don't go in a garage under 6"8" because of what our fellow members have said above about cross pipes hanging from the roof or piping. Good luck, the truck is worth the issues. :)

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not to mention some garages actually have speed bumps! I also know that many garages have a much taller first floor ceiling to allow for tall vehicles. I tend to use them if at all possible.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One trick I saw posted on here when the topics' come up before is to put a mark on the antenna at the same height as the truck roof. So if something hits the antenna below your mark, you know you won't make it through. Although, your antenna is going to get beat to hell hitting the roof all the time, and you'll likely want to replace it with a stubby antenna. Perhaps keep the old antenna around to switch out when you have an unknown parking garage to deal with.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I just tied in the air-down tire actuator to my Aux 6 switch, fastest way to air down.

Ok, I'm sorry! LOL!