Gen3 Ford Raptor 35 inch height lowering question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wildcat1865

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Recently upgraded to a Gen3 Raptor from a 2017 Gen 2, however, my work garage entrance height is not clearing the new truck. (Gen2 was fine). I've tried to lower the tire pressure to the minimum suggested pressure of 38 PSI but with no luck.

Any idea how i can lower the truck Height by like 1/2 inch?

- I contemplated buying a GEN2 again but after experiencing the GEN3 I'm unable to make that decision.
- I'm not going to sell the Raptor for any other truck. I do utilize the car for what it is and no other truck will provide that for me.
- I work in the city and finding proper close by parking that fits the raptor is difficult.

Appreciate your thoughts guys.
Are you basing not clearing by 0.5" on the clearance posted for the garage or you have measured inside the garage? Sometimes garages have a bit more space on the bottom floor if its not too busy to find a space there... I avoid older garages under 8ft clearance so I personally wouldn't chance it. Good luck figuring out how to drop it, I am way underqualified to give technical advice on that. Smaller tires? (That hurt to type)

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Step1: 4 Low
Step2: Punch it.

Can we drill down on ‘won’t fit’ here?

Will it legit hit something, OR, you see signs but have measured and it will fit.

I had the same concern with the Jen Too at NRA HQ (their range is great). parking lot signed at 6’8”. ’17 hits 6’6.5” but when I got into the garage, I couldn’t find anything that low with a tape measure.

Now, OTOH, I found my way into a hospital garage signed at 6’8” and it was until I got to the ramp to the next level, where they had pipes, which were for sure going to rip my roof and windshield the shreds. Had to pull out like Biden’s dad should’ve.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#4 is clearly your best idea.
Step1: 4 Low
Step2: Punch it.

Can we drill down on ‘won’t fit’ here?

Will it legit hit something, OR, you see signs but have measured and it will fit.

I had the same concern with the Jen Too at NRA HQ (their range is great). parking lot signed at 6’8”. ’17 hits 6’6.5” but when I got into the garage, I couldn’t find anything that low with a tape measure.

Now, OTOH, I found my way into a hospital garage signed at 6’8” and it was until I got to the ramp to the next level, where they had pipes, which were for sure going to rip my roof and windshield the shreds. Had to pull out like Biden’s dad should’ve.
Ok that got me......ahahahah

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drive it hardly in the dirt during one week , and suspension will go down themself , without doing anything more... you just need 1/2 ", right ?