Raptor height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phinman

Reaction score
I don't think it includes the antenna. I regularly park in a garage marked as 6'8" and my factory antenna would hit the cross beams in the garage. The antenna would get to whipping pretty bad - was concerned it would eventually damage the base where it screws in. I bought a shorter antenna and it works great - no problem in a 6'8" garage.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I saw quite a few of you mentioned the clanging stock antenna. When I first brought my truck home I'm slowly creeping into my garage, because width wise, I only have 2-3" to spare on each side with the mirrors out. I figured I'd fold them when I got close. I'm definitely nervous with a brand new truck, being super careful, and I'm watching 15 different things at once. All of a sudden this crazy scraping noise about made me shit in my pants! :eek: I forgot about the damn antenna! First mod was getting a shorty. That stock antenna sure can make scary noises.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I saw quite a few of you mentioned the clanging stock antenna. When I first brought my truck home I'm slowly creeping into my garage, because width wise, I only have 2-3" to spare on each side with the mirrors out. I figured I'd fold them when I got close. I'm definitely nervous with a brand new truck, being super careful, and I'm watching 15 different things at once. All of a sudden this crazy scraping noise about made me shit in my pants! :eek: I forgot about the damn antenna! First mod was getting a shorty. That stock antenna sure can make scary noises.

If you have 3-4” of length, that’s all you need!

Poidog

Reaction score
The truck is 6'6" and a half. I fit in my condo that has a 6'9" limit easily. That being said the antenna will hit anything and everything, so I got a shorty antenna. 2019.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have 3-4” of length, that’s all you need!

Not if you want good reception of weaker stations. 1/4 wave is approx 31 inches. Anything less than that will have worse reception. With a strong signal, you can get away with the shorty ones. Some shorties actually have a 31" long coil inside. That's what a lot of the OEM shark fin antenna look like inside.