Gen 3 ride height sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sig Fanboy

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off-topic question here but what Nitto's specifically did you go with? I have the stock bead locks also and was thinking of going 37's. Would you happen to any pictures if the fitment/stance with the Nittos? I know the KO2's fit well, just going through my options.
I went with the Ridge Grapplers. I’ve had them on several of my personal trucks and they seem fine to me. Several people commented on here that they were not good in rain or packed snow, can’t say that’s been my experience. They are a D rated 37.

Attachments

• 20230623_162302.jpeg
    20230623_162302.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 20230623_162658.jpeg
    20230623_162658.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 20230623_162733.jpeg
    20230623_162733.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 89

2orque43

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went with the Ridge Grapplers. I’ve had them on several of my personal trucks and they seem fine to me. Several people commented on here that they were not good in rain or packed snow, can’t say that’s been my experience. They are a D rated 37.

Much appreciated! I love how they look a bit more aggressive then the KO2's. I also have had quite a few sets of them, never had any issues. Thanks again!

2orque43

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

One more thing lol did you fit the Nitto underneath on the spare?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Sig Fanboy

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One more thing lol did you fit the Nitto underneath on the spare?

Thanks!
I put it in the bed. I ordered some D rings to put under the 4 front bed bolts and secured it with ratchet straps.
From what I’ve read on this forum, it will fit underneath but takes some tinkering. I’m 62 years old, I’m not wrestling any tire out from under the truck with the system they have. I’d probably just cal AAA anyway but at least I can get it out of the bed. It’s not a truck we use in a traditional way, I have a Superduty for that, it’s under the tonneau cover so away from prying eyes.

2orque43

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put it in the bed. I ordered some D rings to put under the 4 front bed bolts and secured it with ratchet straps.
From what I’ve read on this forum, it will fit underneath but takes some tinkering. I’m 62 years old, I’m not wrestling any tire out from under the truck with the system they have. I’d probably just cal AAA anyway but at least I can get it out of the bed. It’s not a truck we use in a traditional way, I have a Superduty for that, it’s under the tonneau cover so away from prying eyes.

Thank you! I use the bed quite often so I'll have to figure out the spare situation. I know I have read everywhere that the 37" KO2 fits with room to spare (No pun intended) so I assumed the Nitto would fit, just with less room.

Thanks again for all the help, my Ridge Grapplers are en route to me today!

Scottmtb88

Reaction score
Following this
I just put Geiser springs on last week. It rides amazing, so I'm not sure if I need to do anything or not.
Rides great. I was really worried that I was going to loose the amazing factory ride, but it is the same or better. I carry a lot of extra weight so the rear springs really made a big difference leveling out the truck for me. It sits perfectly level right now with the 740 lbs extra weight that I carry in the back. That is a pull out tray full of tools and parts, and the Dimondback cover.

I'm going to do a Texas Raptor in August so I'll unload 80% of that and see how it sits :/
Did you do just the rears or fronts as well? I've got about 550lbs extra weight, but 120ish of that is tongue weight so probably similar impact to the ride height.

JayRods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you do just the rears or fronts as well? I've got about 550lbs extra weight, but 120ish of that is tongue weight so probably similar impact to the ride height.
I did all 4.
I was only planning on doing the 2 rear, but after talking to Wyn from Geiser, he convinced me to do all 4. SO GLAD I DID !!!! It sits perfectly level right now with all of my stuff in it. I will be unloading it next week to head to a Texas Raptor Run, I will see how it sits Unloaded.
I was worried about loosing the cushy ride, BUT NOPE, I think it rides as good or better then factory. This truck rides incredible, I'm blown away how smooth it is.
I'm a first time Raptor owner.
LOVE THIS TRUCK !!!

Scottmtb88

Reaction score
I did all 4.
I was only planning on doing the 2 rear, but after talking to Wyn from Geiser, he convinced me to do all 4. SO GLAD I DID !!!! It sits perfectly level right now with all of my stuff in it. I will be unloading it next week to head to a Texas Raptor Run, I will see how it sits Unloaded.
I was worried about loosing the cushy ride, BUT NOPE, I think it rides as good or better then factory. This truck rides incredible, I'm blown away how smooth it is.
I'm a first time Raptor owner.
LOVE THIS TRUCK !!!
This is very helpful, thank you!

Level would be ideal, but I'd rather have a little rake to the front than risk having it sit low in the back which is why I'm not 100% sure yet on the front springs. Most of my weight is a canopy RTT combo from Super Pacific and our heads are toward the back when sleeping so low in the back means headaches in the morning. Totally loaded out for a weekend trip I'd be right about the ~750lb that you're carrying.

Attachments

• IMG_8175.png
    IMG_8175.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8176.png
    IMG_8176.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 32

munch520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went from 35s and stock springs to 37s and Eibachs (front and rear). I used FORScan to adjust the tire size and went through the process to reset the VDM also, but did them at the same time. I'm not sure which one made a bigger difference, but 100% the truck shifts better and rides better afterward.
What rolling diameter did you go with for the 37s?

pirates1456

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The VDM performs a self test on each key cycle, but it does not calibrate the ride height. Doing so would result in performance issues since it would be calibrating on uneven surfaces. A scan tool is needed to perform the ride height calibration.
Evening. I did the reset just now and each tire is showing -1.00.
Have you seen this on all 4 readings before?