2018 Raptor TCM fuze instantly blows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anderj84

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Raptor and while I was driving the trans went out of gear all the lights started flashing and the truck would not go back into gear. I pulled off the road and shut the truck off to see if it would reset the system. It would not start. The TCM fuse was blown and as soon as I touched the new one to the terminal it blew. When I checked the codes it was a U0101 which is the TCM. I cleared the code and now the reader is telling me that most of the system is not conducting it's normal diagnostics upon start. I have checked all the wires and they all look good. I was wondering if anyone has had an issue like this and what may be the issue.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius with TCM issues.

What modifications have been done to the truck? Tuned? Lights? Any recent engine work? Maybe a pinched wire.

You really gave us zero information.

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Raptor and while I was driving the trans went out of gear all the lights started flashing and the truck would not go back into gear. I pulled off the road and shut the truck off to see if it would reset the system. It would not start. The TCM fuse was blown and as soon as I touched the new one to the terminal it blew. When I checked the codes it was a U0101 which is the TCM. I cleared the code and now the reader is telling me that most of the system is not conducting it's normal diagnostics upon start. I have checked all the wires and they all look good. I was wondering if anyone has had an issue like this and what may be the issue.
you have a short somewhere. When you say all the wires look good, what does that mean? Did you ring them out with a multimeter or just look for damage?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You’ll need to diagnose the root cause of the fuse opening. You either have a shorted TCM or wiring damage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter