Raptor Expedition Night Fun Run Jan. 18

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm glad I got a bump stop kit before this run, plenty of times I would've bent the frame if it hadn't been there, the outlaw/alpha 1 bump stop kit definitely works

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer fixed my Truck, well at least they say they did, they originally were just going to give it back un-fixed as they could not duplicate problem, like I never heard that before. So they found when they were going to pull the truck for another minor problem and it wouldn't start. They traced to loose connection at the powerblock. Evidently extra shrink tubing material was inside the connection.

IMG_20140122_094348_693_zps0fe78c43.jpg

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad the found the issue. Funny what rattles loose on a run.

ihavegas had a bolt (which had locktight on it) work it's way out. He couldn't turn right after. Luckily it happened just as we got to pavement. Couldn't imagine if his steering wheel locked up on a turn.

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Why thank you.

It will be getting some more surgery soon. Needs a facelift (paint work) and the bumpers aren't done yet. But it is a
monster now- no slip n slide on the roads either. It feels like it is alive now- eats up dirt.
I took the washouts many times at good speeds and no issues- bumpstops, shocks working like they should.

Glassman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if you seen or felt any improvement of the handleing of the truck. Sounds like you have.

Happy for ya

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Yes, I have.

If you have ever ridden a horse its the difference between a walk and a gait versus a run - when it walks you rock back and forth. When it runs, you stand on your heels and it feels like you are just floating on air.

Thats how big of a difference it makes from stock.

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swing and a MIss

Truck died again, wouldn't start with every trick I know. left at work, came back this morning and it starts right up, first time, then dies. Nuts. Took some videos to document. Sending back to the dealer on their dime. Free towing with roadside assistance if still under warranty which mine is. This is second try, if it happens a 3rd time in 30 days i can file a lemon law complaint.

IMG_20140124_124330_253_zps04b08455.jpg

Truck is just a bit to big for this little tow truck, took a long time and several different riggings to get er up.

OP
OP
GBrown1867

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Was happy they thought they found it. Electrical problems are the worst to try and find. Good luck.