Raptor Embroidery's Anzo Headlight Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Okay, so I just finished up some studying for finals and figured I'd do some work to night.

Tonight I am doing a little more experimentation with the brackets. Basically I am testing a few days to mount them until the piece of aluminum comes in. Luckily, there are 4 holes in the projector cut off shield plate that will be perfect. The .032" aluminum plate I have on the way will work perfect. 4 screws will secure it to the plate and three screws will secure the plate to the headlight frame. All these will have loc tite and lock washers applied to them to assure they won't come loose during spirited Offroad driving.

Pics below

Drawing of the stock projector plate from anzo. The 3 holes I drew arrows to are where they will mount to the headlight. The 4 holes in the middle are where the screws will attach the projector to the bracket I'm going to fab up. The bigger outline is the Morimoto projector cut off shield. It is aligned in the exact position of the middle of the anzo projector and the 3 mounting holes. This way, the projector will be in the exact same location. All the bracket has to do is clear the reflector bowl of the back of the Morimoto projector.

3fee1ade43c6bd695338c8254bac29ba.jpg

4e48dba9dabe56b2532e1ef5971eac75.jpg

Imagine the plate looking like the outer perimeter of the Morimoto reflector bowl and the anzo cut off shield except with the egg shape reflector bowl cut out so you place the mount around it.

88639b035897296731cd4f1a8662e97b.jpg

I still need to figure out how to get a perfect drawing of the back of the reflector bowl on paper so I will know how to cut the aluminum sheets for the brackets

879157784d3c473b332dd44e019ad216.jpg

Tomorrow:

12V power supply comes in!!! This will allow me to perform tests on all the wiring without leaving the comfort of my work area inside the house. The only thing I'll have to do outside is build a wiring harness to align the projectors and test fit a few things.

Things you should do before sealing your headlights up:

-use 12v power supply to trigger bi-xenon solenoid 30-40 times to assure it doesn't stick.
-test all switchbacks, halos, LED strips and all of your wiring to assure it works properly
-route all your wiring to make it easy to get to so you can pull it out of the headlight, slide it through rubber grommets and assure the headlight will seal tightly

I still am undecided what I want to do with this side of the headlight. I'll proably end up with 3 switchback led strips running vertical and making them light up sequentially when the turn signal is on.

Once I get ahold of rigid duallies, I'll do the necessary trimming on the headlight housing to make them fit where the high beam is now and then they're off to be painted by a good friend of mine. They will be painted ebony black to match my paint.

I think I'm going to make a quick trip to Wal-Mart and pick up a cardboard box to use to open headlights from now on. Unfortunately, my oven is almost too small for these giant headlights. Luckily, the cardboard box method is simple. Cut a hole in the side, use Styrofoam to raise the headlight from the box floor about 2 inches, place the headlight lens down in the box on the Styrofoam, and finally, cut a hole in the side of the box and use a heat gun to heat up the headlight. Close the box to trap the heat. Leave it in for about 16 minutes, take it out and remove the lens from the headlight. Simple.

I'll be cycling the bi-xenon solenoid tomorrow to check it and make sure it doesn't stick. Also, I'll be doing some more tests with the switchbacks for the U-Bars to make 100% sure they'll work the way I hoped. (Almost 99% sure they will though)

Stay tuned everyone!!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
Okay, I just wanted to share something with you guys. This is a comparison between the anzo reflector and the Morimoto projector. My plans for these more than likely is to polish the reflector to a mirror finish and throw them in my atv headlights because they are pretty pitiful. The more reflective they are, the more even the beam will be as well as the more output they'll produce.

Check it out. Morimoto on bottom, anzo on top

e29deae509f53eaaf892b07e6a3643af.jpg

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
Exactly where my recons went, and where all recons belong!
I agree! I had a set and got rid of them quickly. They were dangerous. They had moisture on the first day I put them in. The wiring on the back was awful too. Glad I made the switch to anzo. The stock projector is actually an upgrade from the factory oem halogens from ford but I still wanted to upgrade them.

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
12v power supply came in! Now I can test everything easily. I found it for $5.00 on eBay plus shipping. Can't get any better than that. I just hooked it up to do brightness comparisons between the stock anzo u bar lights and the Morimoto switch back lights I'm using for the U-Bars.

Check it out

2068132b9aa28ca3d59af1097c51bbb9.jpg

Anzo lights

275eddd76c20d52755c974440e9af75f.jpg

f46c6c0228636cbc31fa145e205d4de9.jpg

Morimoto lights

75615c4ad0e13e3e7d6d6216c71b3359.jpg

c55f6dfd5e95c31473b6f80b9811aba2.jpg

Amber turn signal light

16277a7050c8794079961124b22409ba.jpg

8abda2d25693049c8ca0a9a272ff68fa.jpg

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
More pics and another update!!!

Okay, so last night after I got done doing some studying, I temporarily mounted the Switchbacks and U-Bars and did some temporary wiring just to see how bright they are. Excuse the blue painters tape, I have it on there to determine left from right.

I posted a video on YouTube. Here's a link

https://youtu.be/-_KHnE5RAio

Check it out! I love the results

41686b64f110f08c3feff1ba066e3253.jpg

47988d09f04b4a64d69a13ed9d67b7bf.jpg

Also, the aluminum plate should be in today. That means tonight I'll be cutting the plates for the projector.

Just figured I'd post a quick update. Stay tuned for more!

Last edited by a moderator: