Raptor Daily Driver?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJ-306

Reaction score
My 2018 is the daily driver with 66k. To me, it’s been the most practical / coolest truck I’ve owned. It suits my lifestyle well. I have owned many nice vehicles in the past and I used to stress about them getting dirty and I tried to minimize mileage on them. But once I was able to let go and just use vehicles for their purpose, it really helped me get to a point where I just enjoy driving my truck. To me, my raptor still looks awesome even when it’s a little dirty. I realize my Raptor won’t last forever, so I will enjoy it while I own it. 6541D260-C3C4-4403-B3C8-9A9418A9642C.jpeg

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What’s the point of a GT500 if you aren’t going to drive it hard and often? I mean I wouldn’t commute in one and rack up a ton of miles, but I wouldn’t save it for the next guy either. I’d only wanna own cars like that for my enjoyment, not to end up in a museum someday after I’m dead. I also don’t treat vehicles as investment grade assets.

If I had one I’d drive it just not that often- & if I bought one I’d want those CF wheels- only takes ONE mistake w/ a curb or pothole & they can be trashed. But as nice as it is to drive when it comes down to it I’d rather take a regular vette/mustang/Camaro & mod it to have similar performance to the factory GT500/ZL1/ZR1 etc & not be concerned about racking up miles or damaging it.

Ta2punk

Reaction score
How do you like the STI? I actually traded a 2018 STI on my raptor.
I'm currently in a 2020 STI myself, previously owned a 2018 as well. Definitely ready to trade mine in for a Raptor which will be happening this year. They are fun little cars, definitely one of the last true mechanical feeling vehicles out there. No electronic steering and other older systems really give it a nice raw feel.

pghraptor34

Reaction score
I'm currently in a 2020 STI myself, previously owned a 2018 as well. Definitely ready to trade mine in for a Raptor which will be happening this year. They are fun little cars, definitely one of the last true mechanical feeling vehicles out there. No electronic steering and other older systems really give it a nice raw feel.
It's an awesome car, loved the 6-speed tranny and the suspension. Definitely miss the low and connected feel, but the Raptor is amazing. You're going to love the transition, the Raptor kind of feels like a giant STI in a rally car for the road kind of way. The one major difference that really surprised me is the overall comfort of the Raptor. The STI seats feel like cardboard in comparison.

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m starting to drive mine a little more sparingly since they no longer make SCABs. My ’18 currently has over 60K miles and I plan on keeping it for at least another four years.

However, I do like the fact the Gen 3s have a higher payload and that inverter in the bed also looks pretty nice to me. So who knows if my truck plans will change in the future.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never understood why some people get cars/trucks and treat them like they are some special auto made of glass which cannot see anything but the climate controlled garage or 82.3 degree weather.

I am not talking 1.5 mil cars. I am talking Corvette,///M,AMG,GT500 etc. drive those autos!
It's not usually that owners are 'saving them', it's that they generally have multiple other cars and there's only so much driving to be done. In the last year I put 10k on my Raptor, 15k on my Edge, 1k on my 911, and 2.5k on my M3.

I'd love to drive my sports cars more, but they're not good at hauling stuff, transporting people, or very useful in the winter. OTOH, my DD Raptor and Edge are very good at all of those things, so they get used more.

AmaRaptor

Reaction score
I’ve had my 2020 right at 2 years and have just over 61k miles on it. I’ve pulled a 22ft bass boat for at least 15k of those miles. Replacing the back up camera is the only warranty work ever done it.
This is great to hear. I just recently bought a 19 with 63K miles and will be pulling a travel trailer and boat. Good to hear real life instances where people tow with it.