Raptor Daily Driver?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorAdik

Reaction score
Ok. That was not a good example. I love the STI, I wanted one so bad in college when they first came out in 2004. Back to original topic. I have over 200k spread over three Gen2s. Would not drive anything else, truck wise anyway. Still love them as much as my first drive in my first one in March 2017, and then a week later a tree fell across my driveway and crushed it.
I’m with you. Wanted one in college. Still waiting on the wife’s bronco so she will have to just get by with the STI. Tough life.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I never understood why some people get cars/trucks and treat them like they are some special auto made of glass which cannot see anything but the climate controlled garage or 82.3 degree weather.

I am not talking 1.5 mil cars. I am talking Corvette,///M,AMG,GT500 etc. drive those autos!
I wouldn’t drive a ZR1 or GT500 much- they are special, hold value well when low mileage well maintained, & very possible to appreciate in value short/med term b/c of the limited production #s & the potential end of ICE’s…..M & AMG cars not so much, but the speciality muscle cars or real high end vettes etc different story.

The Raptor though…..ahhh….what is even the point of owning one if you’re not gonna drive it hard & often?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn’t drive a ZR1 or GT500 much- they are special, hold value well when low mileage well maintained, & very possible to appreciate in value short/med term b/c of the limited production #s & the potential end of ICE’s…..M & AMG cars not so much, but the speciality muscle cars or real high end vettes etc different story.

The Raptor though…..ahhh….what is even the point of owning one if you’re not gonna drive it hard & often?
What’s the point of a GT500 if you aren’t going to drive it hard and often? I mean I wouldn’t commute in one and rack up a ton of miles, but I wouldn’t save it for the next guy either. I’d only wanna own cars like that for my enjoyment, not to end up in a museum someday after I’m dead. I also don’t treat vehicles as investment grade assets.

ApacheAg

Reaction score
Bought my ‘19 used last December. Since then I’ve put about 25k miles on it in a year (party due to living in the middle of nowhere…) Total blast to drive but sometimes I consider buying a little commuter car to ease up on the miles and combat those never falling gas prices. But then again I bought my dream truck to drive, not sit in my garage. Don’t ever plan on selling. Been smiling ever since.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I consider buying a little commuter car to ease up on the miles and combat those never falling gas prices.

I bought a 2020 GTI when covid hit because VW was giving 0% for 60 months. My daughter will turn 16 next year....I I had 3 years of using it as a commuter car, and was able to get her something new and reliable.

I was on pace for 18,000 miles a year on my raptor, now I am down to 8,000....but that will go up again when I give my daughter her car.

oniontrader

Reaction score
It will be my daily driver with about 25k miles a year. It’s the reason I got raptor. The TRX was amazing and would have got but couldn’t justify as a daily with 8mpg

McQtr

Reaction score
I’ve had my 2020 right at 2 years and have just over 61k miles on it. I’ve pulled a 22ft bass boat for at least 15k of those miles. Replacing the back up camera is the only warranty work ever done it.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Usually I've had a Mustang for fun spirited trips and an F150 for daily driving. I got to where I hated driving my Mustangs and sold my last boosted 600rwhp flawless 13k mile Mustang. I told myself if I went to one vehicle it was gonna be more fun than a typical F150....here I am. I would not daily drive a Mustang, a Truck...absolutely.