Raptor Car Cover--On The Way

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now that I have semi retired the Raptor as a DD and keep the miles off of it will be sitting in the driveway because it is too tall to fit in my garage bays. So after a detailing one would just hate to let it sit out in the elements esp. the spring/fall hail storms so I started looking for a cover that would be acceptable.

After looking and determining that my main priority was small hail, dirt and sun protection (also be soft on the inside) was the Covercraft Custom Fit Car Covers Evolution Gray (C16874GK) that is four layers thick to prevent dents and dings, dust and pollution protection.

Know that big hail will require a very specialized custom cover that will have other drawbacks such as storage space and weight.

Curious as to what others are using..

Jobsitefish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump on this thread. Sorry I don't have an answer to your post but Hail is one of my biggest concerns here in Texas. I have a Raptor coming soon and this is the first time I will own such a high dollar vehicle. I already have plans to purchase a smaller car, like a base mustang sometime next year, to cover most of the miles I drive for work reasons.

Could you please post pictures of your set up

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no experience with covers but if its windy and the cover rubs and shifts you can damage the paint/clearcoat.

Your a gun guy Hoss, think of it this way, I could take a super soft colth and rub it on a SS gun and after awhile, you will see it get shiny in the rubbed areas.

Something to watch for if the cover is not soft or starts to wear.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My 40th anniversary 370 came with a tight fitting one that was soft on the inside. Worked perfectly. Tight so the wind didn't make it move and soft so it didn't mess with the clear. Only problem was it wasn't an outdoor one. Found out the hard way though.

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had a California Car Cover on my truck for about 1.5 years. I love it, fits well and keeps my truck clean. Mine is also not my DD and its nice to uncover it when I want to drive it and it still is clean.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've gotten a couple from California Car Cover, not for anything as big as a truck yet. But it does make a huge difference in keeping your cars nice. Sometime it's a pain in the ass covering, but you get used to it. I just fold up each side to top of car and then roll it up front to back. The put back the same way, it's fast only takes a minute. They tell me it's actually more important to keep the car covered at night. The moisture at night combines with the dust and pollution on the paint and turns acidic and is hard on your paint. If it gets too windy, just take it off. I think a thicker cover would protect against most hail, but maybe not against large hail, but def better than nothing. My 2 cents worth. I'm going to get cover for mine, if it ever gets here, but i know their not cheap.

OP
OP
Boss Hoss

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had several covers in the past for my several other vehicles. They came with the cars and were made for sun and very soft and thin. This one is has a different mission because it will be outside 24x7.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
build a car port and use a cover? plus that makes cleaning and waxing must easier being in the shade as i am sure u know

im hoping to build a detached garage in the next few years and still thinking about an attached car port for now.

langford

Reaction score
Now that I have semi retired the Raptor as a DD and keep the miles off of it will be sitting in the driveway because it is too tall to fit in my garage bays. So after a detailing one would just hate to let it sit out in the elements esp. the spring/fall hail storms so I started looking for a cover that would be acceptable.

After looking and determining that my main priority was small hail, dirt and sun protection (also be soft on the inside) was the Covercraft Custom Fit Car Covers Evolution Gray (C16874GK) that is four layers thick to prevent dents and dings, dust and pollution protection.

Know that big hail will require a very specialized custom cover that will have other drawbacks such as storage space and weight.

Curious as to what others are using..

I have a Covercraft Technalon Evolution car cover from CoverQuest.com. It's a great cover!

OP
OP
Boss Hoss

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
build a car port and use a cover? plus that makes cleaning and waxing must easier being in the shade as i am sure u know

im hoping to build a detached garage in the next few years and still thinking about an attached car port for now.

Would be an option if they were allowed. Wish they were...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc