Raptor At The Ford House! @#%(@%(!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Boss Hoss

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just a thought, but if you used it occasionally, maybe it wouldn't get all gunked up.

It was clean as can be --- the grease on it still looked like it was just put on. Just one of those things that imho do not belong on a 4wd lol. Even had a friend that broke his while driving off road.

Maybe if I did use it more it would not have stuck like that while opening but when it gets closed this time it will be the next owner that will have to worry about it because it is going to stay shut...

Would trade it for a 13 but I like my front end better and have had no issues on the top perch. May just have to suck it up and get a 14 because who knows when the Raptor will come out in the new body style--AND the first year of the Raptor had a different motor. No issues with the 6.2 and hope they keep it but don't think that they will because it hurts the fleet mpg for Ford.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that I think about it I have probably used my sunroof less than 10 times in over a year and a half...

So I feel you Boss...

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Now that I think about it I have probably used my sunroof less than 10 times in over a year and a half...

So I feel you Boss...

Yeah I hardly use mine at all.

OP
OP
Boss Hoss

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the support ---- just glad I was not on a road trip to the ranch in NM or on my way to see my daughter and SIL in Charleston! That would have really ruined the trip esp--one wind noise and two Water if it rained!

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a slightly different experience with sun roofs

2010 Raptor w/53,000 miles and sun roof/rear window woks great
2009 Buick Enclave w/48,000 miles and sun roof works great
2004 Z71 Tahoe (sold) w/50,000 miles an sunroof worked great
2003 F150 Harley Edition (sold) w/100,000 miles and sunroof and rear window worked great
1996 LT 4X4 Tahoe (totaled) w/60,000 miles and sunroof worked great
1993 Mustang LX (sold) w/90,000 miles and sunroof worked great
1987 Buick T-Type Regal w/107,000 miles and sunroof worked great.

Last edited:

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use mine practically every time I drive in good weather and love it. My sliding back glass broke and I am picking it up after getting that fixed under warranty today. You should use you sunroof more.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Use mine about 10 times a week creates great ventilation without the need to open the side windows. Could not live in the truck without it... Mine functions perfectly and until 7 years 100k miles if it quits its the dealers problem...

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use mine about 10 times a week creates great ventilation without the need to open the side windows. Could not live in the truck without it... Mine functions perfectly and until 7 years 100k miles if it quits its the dealers problem...

I'm with ya', I love mine. Open the roof and crack the rear slider and you get great ventilation. I use it even when it's cold out. Just love the air flow and wind noise. Guess it's what relaxes me on the way home from work.

Plus my farts get sucked right out!

And yes I love your Kenya Avatar thingy too!

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Leave mine open all the time. Kids love it. Dog loves it. Wife... well... two out of three ain't bad haha. Like hearing the wide open exhaust!