Raptor Assault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorMan703

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you only get one run at it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got two runs but they said no more than 30mph...it’s the job of the passenger to watch speed for the driver as they are focusing on the correct line. Needless to say we hit at 40mph, don’t ask, and had a bunch of instructors run over asking us WTF.

A few were surprised there wasn’t SERIOUS damage.

So yeah, keep it at 30 unless you want a lot of attention and a great picture for the wall

XFAS9fk_d.jpg

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got two runs but they said no more than 30mph...it’s the job of the passenger to watch speed for the driver as they are focusing on the correct line. Needless to say we hit at 40mph, don’t ask, and had a bunch of instructors run over asking us WTF.

So yeah, keep it at 30 unless you want a lot of attention and a great picture for the wall

XFAS9fk_d.jpg

So the instructors are not in the truck with you?

Burr55

Reaction score

TheTeej

Full Access Member
Reaction score

XFAS9fk_d.jpg

I wonder if they changed the approach because of this. When I was there they limited the approach length. You’d be lucky to hit 40 unless you popped the truck into 4 hi

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I contacted them about extending my enrollment out. Work obligations have kept me from going and they were gracious enough to at least extend mine until November. My 1 year mark is this week. I should be going in either September or October.

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the part everyone on all sides seems to be missing. We need to reduce R0 until it's close to or below one to avoid overwhelming the hospital system. That doesn't mean no social contact at all. It means limiting it. Spending a day in a car with two other non-symptomatic people isn't like getting drunk and going clubbing. If one of you does come down with it afterward, you quarantine. In the meantime, you wear your mask, wash your hands, and continue with the program. It's not rocket surgery. If everyone was willing to be diligent, we wouldn't have to shut anything down. But instead of trying to solve the problem, politicians and media on both sides are using it as a political football and misleading people for their own benefit. It's disgusting. Basically, as I see it, we're totally screwed. This is an easily understood, solvable problem. And we're in the middle of an epic fail on it.

I can agree with this. Do you think wearing a mask in the truck at RA with another rider is important?

Gary Wren

Reaction score
So I contacted them about extending my enrollment out. Work obligations have kept me from going and they were gracious enough to at least extend mine until November. My 1 year mark is this week. I should be going in either September or October.
Nov is the end of this season for them according to the person I spoke to, she extended mine to Nov as well, but I won't be able to make it by then. They won't extend past the current "season" for them so accommodate the next wave of buyers.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can agree with this. Do you think wearing a mask in the truck at RA with another rider is important?

At some level. It will slow spreading in the case when one of you is contagious and doesn't yet have symptoms. But is it extremely important? No. Social contact is limited to one other person, if one of you comes down with it after the class, it's easy to call and tell the other to quarantine. You know who to call, you know when and where they were exposed, the number of people exposed is very low, it's pretty cut and dried. As long as everyone is careful after the class, there's little risk that they will infect others outside their immediate families if they do get it. By the time immediate families would become contagious, you should know that you all need to quarantine, so it would stop there. So there won't be much effect on the rate of spread through society, either way. If I were to choose between wearing masks with the windows up and not wearing one with the windows down, I'd go with windows down as the safer approach. Masks on and windows down? By far the safest, but I think it borders on overkill. I think if you're willing to take a small personal risk of being infected and are willing to be responsible after then there's little risk to society and you can attend guilt free.