Raptor Assault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
At some level. It will slow spreading in the case when one of you is contagious and doesn't yet have symptoms. But is it extremely important? No. Social contact is limited to one other person, if one of you comes down with it after the class, it's easy to call and tell the other to quarantine. You know who to call, you know when and where they were exposed, the number of people exposed is very low, it's pretty cut and dried. As long as everyone is careful after the class, there's little risk that they will infect others outside their immediate families if they do get it. By the time immediate families would become contagious, you should know that you all need to quarantine, so it would stop there. So there won't be much effect on the rate of spread through society, either way. If I were to choose between wearing masks with the windows up and not wearing one with the windows down, I'd go with windows down as the safer approach. Masks on and windows down? By far the safest, but I think it borders on overkill. I think if you're willing to take a small personal risk of being infected and are willing to be responsible after then there's little risk to society and you can attend guilt free.
Sounds selfish to me. You are either worried about protecting others, or you are not. You go out of state, ride in a truck with a stranger for hours on end, then return to your home state, exposing your family and countless others to your filth, then hope the phone doesn't ring with your RA buddy on the other end of the line?

Kidding.

Mille_ed

Reaction score
I went last week. It was a fantastic experience as mentioned by others. I wore an n95 mask all day, and paired up with someone else like-minded. I also brought a hand sanitizer in my pocket. Highly recommend, and I’m very risk averse with COVID, but know how to frame risks.

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check inside the center console once you pick a truck. The one I had had wipes and hand sanitizer in it.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we get over the Covid crap already! I'm sure there are threads for people who are interested in the subject that NOT titled Raptor Assault

Last edited:

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...and before some self righteous a$$hat wants to attempt to judge me and my values, it has NOTHING to do with whether it is a important topic or not. Just in the wrong damn place.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...and before some self righteous a$$hat wants to attempt to judge me and my values, it has NOTHING to do with whether it is a important topic or not. Just in the wrong damn place.

Since it's probably the most important reason people might decide to go or not, this seems to me like a appropriate place for it. Besides, everything else about RA except who's going when and what hotel they're going to has been beaten to death.

RaptorMan703

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone going to the Salt Flats? I thought about it for awhile since I’ll probably never be out in Utah again but my lame rental car would have left me stranded.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone going to the Salt Flats? I thought about it for awhile since I’ll probably never be out in Utah again but my lame rental car would have left me stranded.

Doug Demuro rocks.