Raptor Assault - S-U-C-K-E-D

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chzhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would love to get into it. I inquired when I bought my "New to Me" 2013 2 years ago.......got shot down faster than a toupee in a hurricane. No lve yet for pasy/used owners.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
I was there about a month ago. It was a blast. My guess is that your “assumption” of how it may or may not have happened would be spot on. They even warned us about that in the morning instruction. Straighten the wheel and drive straight. Don’t go off the course sideways.

On another note I noticed in one of the trucks an inside the cab light bar similar to police vehicles. Any chance they gave you info on it? They told me it was the first one the guy made and that they would be getting more info on availability. Bright as hell. It was great.
They didn’t have it installed when I was there. If you call the school I’m sure they will give you the info.
I’m with some other folks that have commented on the glare. Every cab over light I e been in was worthless and dangerous. The glare off the hood was blinding. Hood color makes a difference and I believe the flat paint on the hood decreases it but not worth the risk to me. There are two many better options with grill, light bar and A-pillar lights.
As far as the inside bars?? Every one I have used S-U-C-K-E-D AZZZZ. Especially when you had them on the dash or visor flip-down. Bearable during the day, dangerous as Fxxk at night when you need them most, especially when it’s red/blue strobe.
Who knows though, they may have resolved the glare issue. I’d definitely check it out at night before I dropped a dime.

Barnesy

Reaction score
They didn’t have it installed when I was there. If you call the school I’m sure they will give you the info.
I’m with some other folks that have commented on the glare. Every cab over light I e been in was worthless and dangerous. The glare off the hood was blinding. Hood color makes a difference and I believe the flat paint on the hood decreases it but not worth the risk to me. There are two many better options with grill, light bar and A-pillar lights.
As far as the inside bars?? Every one I have used S-U-C-K-E-D AZZZZ. Especially when you had them on the dash or visor flip-down. Bearable during the day, dangerous as Fxxk at night when you need them most, especially when it’s red/blue strobe.
Who knows though, they may have resolved the glare issue. I’d definitely check it out at night before I dropped a dime.
Good info. Thanks guys. I have never had an inside the cab light bar. I liked how stealth it was, but if it doesn’t help at night then what is the point. Stick with my triple fogs for now.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
Would love to get into it. I inquired when I bought my "New to Me" 2013 2 years ago.......got shot down faster than a toupee in a hurricane. No lve yet for pasy/used owners.
Yea it sucks. You can’t even buy your way in, not enough instructors and good weather windows to accommodate the demand as it is.
A great option for you is a road trip to Vegas. I’ll take y’all on some great scenic runs or as challenging as you want w/o risk of damage. Jumping is on your own though. Shocks are to expensive for me to be doing much of that in mine ;)
My life is Off-Roading and hiking for the few years I have left in my Jacked-Up body.
My door is always open, chow or C-Rats in the fridge and coffee in the pot.
BYOB I don’t drink, spent my whole life dealing with drunks and their aftermath.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
Those lights were cool. They said the manufacture is for the police vehicles and was testing them. Doubtful they’ll hit normal market.
Trust me on this, unless the glare issue has been resolved you don’t want that overhead shxt unless it’s on a chase bar, IMHO and experience. Take-Down lights are annoying as hell and there mounted over the driver compartment depending on light-bar configuration.
Definitely ride in someone’s that has what your interested in at night. They cost to much to regret it after you dropped the coin.

Chzhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea it sucks. You can’t even buy your way in, not enough instructors and good weather windows to accommodate the demand as it is.
A great option for you is a road trip to Vegas. I’ll take y’all on some great scenic runs or as challenging as you want w/o risk of damage. Jumping is on your own though. Shocks are to expensive for me to be doing much of that in mine ;)
My life is Off-Roading and hiking for the few years I have left in my Jacked-Up body.
BYOB I don’t drink, spent my whole life dealing with drunks and their aftermath.
Thanks much for the offer! I'll have to hit you up next time I'm out there. Just got back from Utah, no future vacation planned right now.

Yeah, I'd definitely pay to get in.....IF it were an option. Ford has something good with the RA, wish they'd expand it.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is C-Rats?