Gold Butte National Monument---S-U-C-K-S..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Another Thread on Where NOT to go Raptoring ;):Big Laugh:
Gold Butte NM is about 1 1/2 hrs North of Las Vegas on I-15. Closest town to Top Off Fuel is Mesquite, NV. The Monument covers 300,000 Acres of Remote Desert Wilderness. The Off-Roading and Remote camping opportunities are limitless. The Scenery is nothing short of Breathtaking. Do your research, Know your fuel limits and be prepared for self-Rescue. Not a great place to get lost or stranded, I’ve been out there for 3 days Raptoring and didn’t see another soul ;) GPS rescue device recommended, NO Cell service, down load your Maps ahead of time and always carry a paper map back-up. I use the Benchmark Off-Road Recreation Map, NV and AZ because it connects to the Grand Canyon Parashant NM, which is over a MILLION ACRES of the same Incredible Terrain.
My advice would be to STAY AWAY from here. Better off to go for the Hookers n Blow on the Vegas Strip. Help support our economy :banana-mario::banana-mario::favorites37:IMGP9128.JPGIMGP9129.JPGIMGP9131.JPGIMGP9143.JPGIMGP9313.JPG

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All I want to know is, did you bury your ex under those rocks?
imgp9193-jpg.320706

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Nice pics, as usual. Liking the Gen 1 pics especially.
I Loved both of my Gen 1’s. They gave me about 250k miles of adventures (200k, 50k) between them. My Orange was my favorite that I will always regret selling :( butttt… I’m really loving the extra room of the crew and all the Tech upgrades from the 2010’s.