MOAB S-u-c-k-s...Go Elsewhere(pics added 9-20)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaymare404

Reaction score
I hate MOAB! I completely agree with the OP. It is the worst place in the world to go. I plan on taking my family in the future just so that they have an absolutely miserable time looking at all the red rocks!

Its so bad that I even got engaged to my wife on muscleman arch in canyonlands national park. I just wanted to make sure that we would never ever have to go back there.

Now with all that out of the way... I will be planning a trip out to MOAB in the future to test my Raptor. I know that my previous vehicle, a 2007 Xterra, had a better wheel base for offroading out there, BUT I do plan on putting my Raptor to the test. Im honestly thinking it will probably be; Hells Revenge, 7 mile rim, Fins and Things, Shafer Trail and Lathrop Canyon, and probably one more if I can fit it in.
All my friends that I met originally through my Xterra Club have since moved on to either Gladiators, Tacomas, and one even got a Lexus GX470. SO I will have good offroading company.

Any trails on my list that I should DEFINITELY AVOID due to being TOO HORRIBLE? Besides all of them obviously!

Last edited:
OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
I hate MOAB! I completely agree with the OP. It is the worst place in the world to go. I plan on taking my family in the future just so that they have an absolutely miserable time looking at all the red rocks!

Its so bad that I even got engaged to my wife on muscleman arch in canyonlands national park. I just wanted to make sure that we would never ever have to go back there.

Now with all that out of the way... I will be planning a trip out to MOAB in the future to test my Raptor. I know that my previous vehicle, a 2007 Xterra, had a better wheel base for offroading out there, BUT I do plan on putting my Raptor to the test. Im honestly thinking it will probably be; Hells Revenge, 7 mile rim, Fins and Things, Shafer Trail and Lathrop Canyon, and probably one more if I can fit it in.
All my friends that I met originally through my Xterra Club have since moved on to either Gladiators, Tacomas, and one even got a Lexus GX470. SO I will have good offroading company.

Any trails on my list that I should DEFINITELY AVOID due to being TOO HORRIBLE? Besides all of them obviously!
Long Canyon is one I always do. It’s the one you drive under that cliff wall that broke off. Great photo spot. The Westside has a lot to offer but you almost have to basecamp at Green River. That’s what I did and just worked the west side for a week.

Last edited: