Raptor Assault trails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have read a few posts about Raptor Assault, people driving their trucks like they stole ‘em, pics of them jumping them, etc. While I enjoyed my time at Raptor Assault, we were kept on a pretty short leash and we definitely did not jump them…so I’m guessing some of the course and activities may have changed since April 2018.

We drove what I think was BLM land and climbed up to a couple mineshafts, one with a Jeep about 70 feet nose down in it, where we ate lunch. I don’t recall how we got there or what that area / trail system was called. Does someone know that or have directions? I’d be curious about exploring it again, at my pace.

I think when we left there we crossed the road and did a kind of lame, short Baja course where they were really strict about speed. Kinda curious where that was too.

Thanks for any help you can give.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the Baja Course, they also had us do a small jump. Sounds like the same BLM land route they took in early 2020.
IIRC, we were just of hiway 36 near Stockton UT

Last edited:
OP
OP
bfr

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess that link was bad…but not it anyway. I found pictures of it and it’s a round corrugated galvanized tube.

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@bfr did you just finish participating in the raptor assault event this year? I had been thinking about signing up but wondered if I would be bored since 1/2 the time, I would be a passenger and some of the things they do look like there would be a lot of sitting around like the side slope event.

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have read a few posts about Raptor Assault, people driving their trucks like they stole ‘em, pics of them jumping them, etc. While I enjoyed my time at Raptor Assault, we were kept on a pretty short leash and we definitely did not jump them…so I’m guessing some of the course and activities may have changed since April 2018.

We drove what I think was BLM land and climbed up to a couple mineshafts, one with a Jeep about 70 feet nose down in it, where we ate lunch. I don’t recall how we got there or what that area / trail system was called. Does someone know that or have directions? I’d be curious about exploring it again, at my pace.

I think when we left there we crossed the road and did a kind of lame, short Baja course where they were really strict about speed. Kinda curious where that was too.

Thanks for any help you can give.
I did the exact course in November of 2019, the day before Thanksgiving actually. They offered the jumping portion then as well. I think the jumping started with the 2019 models with the active suspension.

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@bfr did you just finish participating in the raptor assault event this year? I had been thinking about signing up but wondered if I would be bored since 1/2 the time, I would be a passenger and some of the things they do look like there would be a lot of sitting around like the side slope event.
You switch back and forth with your passenger and you both drive all the trails. You won't be bored.

OP
OP
bfr

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The portion at Miller Motorsports Park...sidehilling, slow incline/decline, truck modes, etc...may have been a little boring, but not really. Most everyone was impressed with learning the truck's capabilities and it was a nice way to start the day...and prepare for being confident with the day ahead. The format is that you switch drivers throughout the day so that each gets to drive the same sorts of obstacles. When you are riding shotgun you are also responsible for the VHF radio. I partnered up with a buddy who also had just bought a truck. We had a blast. If you go to the welcome dinner...focus on meeting everyone and finding someone you would enjoy spending a day in the truck with...and lock that partnership in.

OP
OP
bfr

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just show up for coffee :) with your best "how to win friends and influence people" smile. Have fun!